Information About Kelvin - Edgware tutor - (16 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Kelvin:
My name is Kelvin and I reactivated my account, Sept 2018. I am a graduate of University College London, with a masters degree (MSc) in Geoscience and a Bachelors degree (2.1 BEng) in Mechanical Engineering. I am a jovial and very understanding person that makes learning fun. I am a well spoken and diverse individual that has got a great passion for teaching, especially teaching subjects that involves numbers. I have an inherent ability to explain a situation in its simplest form as possible. I have obtained merit prizes in mathematics competitions and have provided sound mathematical and physic background for students initially weak in those subjects.
I started teaching right from my days in primary. I started by teaching my classmate, and with time I developed the passion for teaching. Professionally speaking, I have a teaching experience that dates back to 1998. I have prepared various students of all level (ranging from primary to adult level) for different forms of examinations in mathematics and physics; and the majority of my students have excelled excellently in those examination. I was a member of a voluntary group from 2005 to 2006, which offered free academic classes to youths in rural locations. I was one of the mathematics and physics teachers in that group.
I am patient and passionate when teaching, and that's my secret towards passing knowledge to those I tutor. The basic approach I use for tutoring is as follows:
1. I always make reference to the fundamental elements of each topic I teach.
2. I explain the laws applied in topics; why they are being applied and when they could be applied.
3. I give practical examples while teaching.
4. I encourage questions from students while teaching and after teaching.
5. I give students questions to tackle, go through their solutions and offer solutions in areas of difficulty.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- I had an 'A' grade in mathematics in my pre-university examination.
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering (This has helped improved my knowledge and approach on mathematics and physics).
- MSc in Geoscience; University College London. (This has helped broaden my knowledge on science oriented subjects).
- I am willing to have classes either at the tutee's place or my place.
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||16|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Unpublished feedback: (usually negative)||1|
and felt better after few sessions. He is pleasant and I will recommend him.
skill. thank you.
Kevin, came across as being a little impatient during the setting up of the first date which gave me an uneasy feeling hence my decision not to continue