Information About Karolina - Cirencester tutor - (4 reviews)
This is how 4 referees rated Karolina:
English (Foreign Language)
I am a reliable and experienced tutor (over 12 years of teaching overall) who has worked as a teacher of French, English as a foreign language and Polish for five years in a language school and currently is a Year 6 Class Teacher in the UK. I have taught both children and adults as well as individual students and groups on various levels.
As for my qualifications, I am a graduate of a bilingual secondary school and I hold a BA degree in Applied Linguistics (Warsaw University, Poland).
Graduates of the BA programme possess the following skills and competences:
All graduates have achieved fluency, approximate to their fluency in the mother tongue, in two foreign languages, in speech and writing (communicative competence on the C2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
All graduates possess translation and interpreting skills in three languages, i.e. language A (Polish), language B (first foreign language), and language C (second foreign language).
All graduates are qualified to teach foreign languages B and C.
All graduates possess skills and competences allowing them to work in all kinds of positions, including translation/interpretation, requiring fluency in foreign languages and good knowledge of cultures of given language areas.
My languages are Polish (A), French (B) and English (C).
I have also been awarded a Master of Science degree at the University of Oxford on the 1st October 2015. I studied Applied Linguistics and Second Language Acquisition, which has helped me broaden my linguistic knowledge even more.
I offer EFFECTIVENESS, PROFESSIONALISM and FUN during my language lessons.
I prepare my students for:
- GCSE French and Polish
- IELTS General Training and Academic
- FCE and CAE
- DELF A1-B2 French
- Trinity exams
- SATS - English and Maths
I also teach English, Polish and French to those who are willing to move to a foreign country or have already moved and are in need of learning the appropriate language for communication ASAP.
- 12 years overall as a language teacher
- 2 years as a class teacher in a primary school in the UK (Years 5 and 6), where I am an MFL and EAL coordinator
- 3 consecutive years of teaching EFL in various language schools throughout the UK during summer
- 3 years of teaching in a school of languages in Warsaw (Poland)
I was teaching children, teenagers and adults at different levels, both individual and in groups. My lessons included basic language courses, ESP courses, including preparation for secondary school exams, language exams and business language courses. In the course of cooperation with the Language School I developed my own curriculum for a group of three children aged 8-9, which was successfully implemented. I also conducted classes on WebEx Internet platform with English and French groups.
- 6 weeks of practice in a bilingual secondary school where I conducted French lessons with groups of 25-30 students (in bilingual classes)
- I have also taught Polish, English and French in the UK. I work a lot as online tutor and I - as well as my students - enjoy it a lot, for it`s very comfortable and due to the modern technology there is no difference between lessons online and face to face. My students are aged 5-30 and I teach in almost every possible combination of "my" languages (Polish - English, English - Polish, English - French, Polish - French). My students are on different levels, they need preparation for SATS/GCSE/IELTS, conversations, grammar and vocabulary lessons or just general language learning.
During our classes, we will discuss and analyse various topics if you want to practise your speaking skills, read interesting articles and short books to practise your reading skills or watch documentaries and films to practise your listening skills. I also have a great experience in teaching grammar and various forms of writing. As I have many materials, I will find everything you need. I always discuss with my students what they expect from our lessons and I do everything to adapt our lessons to their needs.
As a primary school teacher and a language teacher, I have had a chance to learn how to approach children. teenagers and adults with different needs and levels of attainment to ensure they always do their best and have fun in the same time - hence I can easily work with students at any age and with any needs within the subjects I am offering.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British), French
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Oxford (2015) - MSc in Applied Linguistics and Second Language Acquisition (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- General Teaching Council (2015) - QTS (QTS) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Warsaw (2013) - BA in Applied Linguistics (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Liceum im. N. Zmichowskiej w Warszawie, Poland (Bilingual Secondary School) (2010) - French C1 Certificate (School) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||4|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
I would recommend her to anyone