Information About Karim - Pinner tutor - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Karim:
Karim offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
Hello, my name is Karim.
I'm an enthusiastic, friendly, well qualified and experienced teacher of Maths, Verbal Reasoning, non Verbal Reasoning, Mental Arithmetic, Revision Strategy and Exam Techniques.
Based in Pinner, Middlesex I teach the above subjects to children who:
- need early support in Maths and problem solving skills (years 3 to 9)
- are preparing for the 11+ exams or private school exams (years 4 and 5)
- need better exam techniques and a revision strategy skills (years 5 to 11)
- are not coping well with the stress of exams and timed tests
- would benefit from developing and implementing an effective revision strategy
Teaching analytical subjects is something I enjoy with a passion. I believe with the right support increased confidence follows. Thereafter, students are able to make significant headway with their education.
My aim is to help a child enjoy studying, become more confident in school classes, and make significant strides in Maths, Mental Arithmetic, VR, non-VR, timed tests and assessments.
Children who attended my classes passed the entrance exam for one or more of these schools:
- Watford Grammar School for Girls
- Watford Grammar School for Boys
- Merchant Taylors' Boys School
- Queen Elizabeth's School
- Henrietta Barnett School
- St Paul's School
- Haberdashers' Aske's School for Girls
- North London Collegiate School
- South West Herts Schools Consortium
Classes are run in small groups with all children receiving high levels of attention from me all the time. Past parents will attest this to be the case and I would be happy to put you in touch with them for verbal references.
My style and approach is relaxed and informal. Although class discipline is always maintained I strive to make learning a fun process. Children are inspired to want to learn for themselves and take responsibility for their studies.
Students preparing for entrance exams are provided a framework to help them apply their knowledge under timed conditions. Common issues such as reading the question properly, checking the answers, running out of time, are dealt with.
Courses on exam techniques and revision strategy are integrated within the preparatory work for the 11+ exams and private school exams. As parents have come to realise, it's essential for children to be able to successfully apply what they have learnt under the potentially stressful conditions of an exam or test.
Students currently in high school can expect to receive guidance and support for exam techniques and revision strategy in preparation for the end of year exams or O Level / GCSE exams.
- Fun approach to learning, KS2 and KS3
- Prepares students for the 11+ exams and private school exams
- Small group / class size
- Focuses on needs of the individual student
- Provide exam technique skills and revision strategies
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Manchester University (1989) - Physics B.Sc (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||1|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Unpublished feedback: (usually negative)||1|