Information About Junaid - Manchester tutor - (15 reviews)
This is how 4 referees rated Junaid:
Health / Social Care
Thank you for viewing my profile on this website.
My name is Dr. Junaid , I am a doctor by profession, currently I am actively engaged in medical research for peer reviewed journal publication and enjoy teaching whenever possible. I am passionate about teaching others, especially clinical medicine and enjoy the challenge that this brings. To date I have tutored many medical students on a variety of different topics. I am proud of the high standard of tutoring that I deliver and regularly tutor the following topics:
4) Study Skills
5) UCAS application
6) Interview techniques for university places (medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine)
In the past I have also assisted budding medical students in Mcat, UKcat and GAMSAT examinations.
I never compromise in quality, therefore I have a limited set of students that I teach and because I have a duty and interest in their success, there are times that I am unable to take on new students. If this does occur, please accept my sincerest apology in advance.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting me.
With kind regards
I have always found teaching rewarding. However, my passion began from the normal everyday routine teaching on the wards when I was liaising with colleagues, students and informing patients as to their condition and the process forward. Being a dyslexic, I found it easy to discuss core concepts of (medicine, biology, etc,) debate and to visualize them rather than the traditional sense of readings lots of chapters across a number of books.
Following on from this experience, I began teaching a number of students privately at University ranging from their coursework, to subject matters and then to examination preparation. In the process of teaching, I enjoy developing a rapport with a small number of students and watching their understanding of the core concepts grow, but also the result the students achieved from their institutions.
MY SPECIALIST SUBJECTS
5) Clinical Skills
6) Study Skills
7) Research skills
8) Thesis writing
9) Interview skills
10) University admission process
11) Proof reading coursework
1) Enjoy the art of teaching
2) Assist the tutee to achieve their goals
3) Deliver high quality tuition with an emphasis on medicine
4) Engage with the tutee by assisting them in their endeavours
5) Improve the students confidence, understanding and grades of the student
6) Ensure that the student has an understanding of clinical concepts and principles
7) Enhance a students ability to think under examination pressure
8) Reflect on feedback given to me from the student
EXPERIENCE & APPROACH OF TUTORING
1) Every student requires tutoring for different reasons; therefore I believe that an initial student-tutor discussion is vital so that we can establish a level of tutoring that works efficiently for you to flourish.
2) Been teaching for 3 years, in different settings, at different levels across a range of environments.
3) Taught many age groups
4) I have had fantastic success with my past students and hope to pass this on to future students.
Approach of tutoring:
1) The goals and timescales is dictated by the student from the initial meeting & based on this; an greed set of measurable learning parameters is formed
2) Friendly approach to learning
3) The student enjoys the learning process
4) I advocate a clinical problem-based approach to learning.
5) Integration of analogies
6) Stepwise progression of the subject in terms of depth, complexity and integration
7) Encourage the student to ask questions
8) Provide relevant information
9) Promote independent thinking, pattern recognition and problem solving abilities
10) Request regular feedback from the student on what they found useful and how we could course correct in order to maximise time, enhance goals and course correct.
Approach of tutoring with students and their disabilities:
Being a dyslexic learner myself, I understand your pain, frustration and have a lot of experience to streamline your learning process. So don’t be afraid to discuss learning difficulties with me. Its not a question of ability, understanding or context, rather the format in which it is delivered. In my experience, students with disabilities make fantastic professionals. Previous experience working with disabled students; dyslexia, dysgraphia and ADHD.
I have delivered a variety of formats in the past and below are my past approaches and I am happy to tailor the tutoring to the style that suits you best. In the past, students have preferred subject knowledge to be delivered in a simple method, step wise, structured milestones.
1) Focus of my teaching is geared towards modern medicine and practical, clinical application, with an emphasis on research and evidence based medicine.
2) Depend largely on the students aims and course requirements
3) Happy to help teach problem areas and prepare for exams
4) Focuses on core concepts, application with practical examples, and how these are tested in the examination
5) Explore subject areas in more depth than might be possible in time limited lectures
6) Leave students with problem sets between sessions
7) Can provide crib sheets so that the student can focus on the discussions and core concepts
1) Share my knowledge, subject matter and engage with you in a challenging and thought provoking way.
2) There will be an expectation that the student has read around the subject matter of the lecture, which will add to your understanding and develop your critical and analytical skills
1) Present and discuss ideas in smaller groups, engage in lively debates to share your interpretations and opinions with other students
2) Examination crash courses with a group of students- is a popular request
1) One to one, or small group sessions, problem solving sessions
1) Small group sessions, led my myself to solve problems
Your own guided research project
1) Extended, in-depth piece of work, with goals, feedback and xxx
1) Core concepts of the subject
2) Application in an examination setting
3) Integration of other subject materials
4) Extended, in-depth piece of work, with goals, feedback and xxx
5) Writing short exam questions and answer sessions which tests students understanding of the session
6) Short examinations for students to try closer to the exam period
7) Supplement with methods of remembering difficult topics, thus improving revision techniques and boosting confidence
SUPPORTING THE STUDENT
Supporting the student is key; therefore the transition to a new way of learning can be a challenge, with university study differing greatly from college and school learning. I intend to guide you towards interactive resources tailored for your needs. As your tutor, I will help and advice on study related issues and help you monitor and reflect on your academic progress. I will assist you with online resources to best leverage your studies.
Review, feedback & course correction
1) A focused, tailored, review of your academic and personal progress that takes place initially, and regularly to make sure you stay on track.
2) Discuss the students sources of academic support that are available and possible academic and professional development opportunities. During such discussion, I would aim to discuss:
a) Academic development
b) Review feedback
c) Discuss your achievements to date
d) Consider any early goals
Assistance with coursework:
a) Literature searching
b) Proof reading
c) Essay planning
d) Essay structuring
Pre-University interview candidates:
a) Mock interviews
b) UCAS personal statement feedback
Additional Languages: Punjabi, Urdu
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Aberdeen (2011) - Bachelors of Medicine Bachelors of Surgery (MBChB) (Doctorate) (✔ On File)
- Manchester Metropolitan University (2004) - Biology (BSc) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||15|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Unpublished feedback: (usually negative)||1|
Thank you for your kind and positive feedback.
i would definitely recommend him as a tutor!
I am glad that you got through your exams, despite the short timetable and tremendous pressure you were under.
I know you will do well in life.
Thank you for your kind and positive feedback.
Looking forward to working with you in the future!
I work for your pleasure & hope to continue my services
I hope to continue working with you in the future and that you are able to pass on some of the tips and inside info to other students
I hope to continue working with you in the future and that you are able to pass on some of the tips and inside info to other students.
I hope you are able to get your desired first class degree that you are striving for.
Im glad you were able to graduate and pursue your chosen career.
I hope you are able to pass on some of the tips and inside info to other students