My name is Jordan Metcalfe and I am an actor from Yorkshire.
Since the age of sixteen, I have worked professionally as an actor. I studied for my A Levels with the support of professional tutors whilst filming in Canada, Africa, France and New Zealand. I have since played leading roles in film, television and on stages such as the National Theatre, the RSC, and the West End.
I also work as a Guildhall Audition Steward and currently sit on the Teaching & Auditioning Panel at The Guildhall School of Music & Drama, London.
My acting background is a testament to my animated and lively personality, which when working with young children has been essential. Although I left my home in Yorkshire when I was 16, my education has always been of paramount importance to me.
I read English and Drama at the University of Bristol and went on to study at The Guildhall School of Music & Drama, London, where I graduated with a First Class BA HonoursDegree. At school, I attained 11 GCSE passes (7 at A*), 3 A Levels at grade A, plus 4 A's at AS Level.
I have built up my teaching experience over the last six years:
• Tutored two student aged 15 who were focusing on English and Theatre studies at GCSE level. Using a variety of exercises and techniques, I enabled the students to expand their knowledge and understanding of the topics.
• Taught GCSE English on a weekly basis for one year taking her average mark from C to GCSE exam grade A.
• Managed and directed a mixed ability group of younger children teaching them Shakespeare. I worked with them in a practical environment where we devised short plays as a means to learn about Shakespeare and his work. Working with a group of young people who were initially quite apprehensive uncomfortable speaking in public meant that I always had to keep them active, engaged and well rewarded.
• I have continued to work at the Guildhall School, since graduating. I have directed on the Drama & Acting Summer School there and after a number of years assisting with the auditions i am now a member of the panel. Were i am interviewing potential students for the school and running drama workshops and assessments.
• Through this work, I have gained an increasing interest in the formative development of pupils and potential actors. I was encouraged to provide coaching and mentoring to auditionees, independently and through tutoring companies in London. I also maintain contact with Gareth Warburton at Giggleswick School in North Yorkshire and will be running workshops for their students in the new year.
I am an enthusiastic and dynamic tutor. My primary focus is helping students of all ages achieve their full potential.
Working in London from a young age meant I had the opportunity of attending various schools (Tiffin Boys in Kingston and Latymer Upper in Hammersmith) as well as being privately tutored myself. This has exposed me to a real variety of teaching methods and creative ways of learning, which has provided me with a real excitement and imagination for education. I bring this infectious enthusiasm for learning to my tutoring sessions.
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|Guildhall School Of Music & Drama||2013||Bachelors||First Class BA Hons Drama|