Information About Jessica - Lincoln tutor - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Jessica:
Jessica offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
Media / Communication Studies
FULL UNTIL OCT HALF TERM I am a fully qualified English teacher and AQA Examiner (GCSE English Language Paper 2 2017 – Non Fiction and GCSE English Literature Paper 2 2018 – Modern Texts and Poetry). I taught on the AQA GCSE specification at my previous school and I currently teach Eduqas so have a good knowledge of both. Both of my degrees are from Russell Group universities and I also hold a PGCE from Bishop Grosseteste University.
Whilst I work primarily in the English Department, I have previously taught Media Studies, Drama and Religious Studies (GCSE). I teach Years 7-13 and across a range of abilities. In lower school, I specialise in teaching students with SEN and/or literacy difficulties so I am well equipped to provide additional support to students who don’t find that reading and writing come easily to them. Equally, I have also taught higher ability students for GCSE and A-Level. I am therefore also well equipped to stretch and challenge my students.
Additionally, I can help with UCAS personal statements, general essay skills, revision skills and EAL tuition.
• I am in my 6th year as a secondary school English teacher.
• I previously have a TLR point for overseeing KS5 English and Media Studies.
• Previously, I worked in the recycling industry where one of my responsibilities was producing educational material to teach primary school students about the recycling of WEEE.
• I volunteered as a teacher in Nelspruit, South Africa during the summer of 2007.
• Whilst I was at Newcastle University, I worked as a teaching mentor at the Centre of Light. This is the education facility at the Stadium of Light which provides extra literacy and numeracy sessions for disadvantaged students from the surrounding area.
I pride myself on being a calm and “solid” teacher. My students know that I will be there when they arrive at my lessons and that I’ll teach them what they need in a way that they’ll understand.
I am willing to travel to your home (within 5 miles) or, I also tutor from home in our dining room and, as long as you’re not offended by Morrissey artwork or a cat called Morrissey, I’m sure that you will find it a very comfortable place to learn.
For any accompanying parents, you are welcome to stay during lessons; we have two very comfortable sofas. Equally, we are well placed in uphill Lincoln for a stroll into the Bailgate or you could use the time to do your ‘big shop’ at Tesco or Aldi.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Bishop Grosseteste University (2013) - PGCE English with Drama (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- University of Birmingham (2010) - MSc Global Ethics - Merit (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Newcastle University (2007) - BA (Hons) English Literature - 2.1 (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||1|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|