Information About Jessica - Solihull tutor - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Jessica:
Hi, I`m Jess and I`m a mature student awaiting the commencement of my PhD. My passions in life are literature, horses and helping others reach their potential!
I have a BA in English Literature and a MA in Victorian Studies (an interdisciplinary course split between literature and history). My speciality is literature but I am able to offer support (e.g. proof reading) in other areas.
I have supported young adults in a post 16 environment, adults in an ESOL centre and lectured at University level as well as having countless experience giving presentations to professors and talking at academic conferences.
I am particularly suited to building the confidence of A level students, adult learners, and those studying in a post 16 environment due to my education and experience.
I am more than happy to boost your skills and confidence leading up to an exam, subject specific guidance, to assist with essay writing, dissertation support and proof reading and editing of forthcoming publications. I completed an access course (humanities route-way and passed with distinctions) so I am also available to offer support to adults completing that qualification. I am able to support students with their Life in the U.K citizenship test but please note that my rates for this topic are £30 per hour and that a reasonable grasp of the English language is required in order for me to assist students.
I am able to offer tuition to students within and outside of my area with potential travel wider afield and with online tuition available regardless of locality.
I cover most of Birmingham, Solihull and the areas between Coventry and Birmingham.
- Over 3 years working as a private tutor.
- Hourly paid lecturer at a college teaching post 16 pupils functional skills English and GCSE English.
- Lecturer at ESOL centre teaching functional skills English and GCSE English.
- Guest lecturer at University giving occasional lectures to third year students
- Vast experience writing and giving papers at academic conferences
- Editorial experience
- Significant experience in producing high quality essays and papers
- Assisting with funding applications (work experience and previous personal success)
Informal, friendly, flexible, tailored to the individual: we build the sessions as per your requirements.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Leicester (2016) - Victorian Studies (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Birmingham City University (2015) - English Literature (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||1|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|