Information About Jessica - Hackney tutor - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Jessica:
English (Foreign Language)
Qualified historian with lots of experience tutoring pupils with big ambitions at GCSE, A-level & beyond! All topics, backgrounds & abilities welcome.
I have a variety of teaching and tutoring experience (including teaching in schools, tutoring and teaching undergraduate level history at university). I recently gained my doctorate in History and work as a Research Assistant.
My special subjects are twentieth century British history, including both World Wars, the Cold War and British social change. At universities and as a tutor I have also taught a range of History courses related to international history and other time periods, including Nineteenth century political history, the rise of Fascism, Communist China, American history, the tudors and women`s and civil rights histories. I am familiar with other subject specifications, including English literature and citizenship studies.
I grew up in London but have travelled extensively in my adult years, in particular to work in Japan. My hobbies include dance and singing. I enjoy visiting museums and galleries in my spare time and always cook from scratch when I get home!
Experience tutoring: OCR/Edexcel/AQA GCSE and A-level syllabus. Familiar with exam requirements, marking criteria and content.
I make informed, interesting and skilled tutoring sessions depending on your needs.
* Cold War
* Colonisation and decolonisation: Africa, India, Australia, America
* Germany: Imperial Germany, Weimar Germany, Rise of Fascism
* Russia: Communist history, revolution, Lenin & Stalin, Soviet un ion post-war
* Italy: Risorgimento, liberal politics, rise of fascism
* Communist China
* Twentieth Century British history: social, political, military, cultural
* Historiography & historical enquiry: methods, ethics, practice
I am keen to plan the right tutoring approach to your needs. I understand that different individuals have different learning styles.
- I will plan the right tutoring approach to your needs. I understand that different individuals have different learning styles.
- I am very familiar with all the major examining board criteria and curricula for History in the UK. But I`m also really flexible and will focus on your problems areas - whether this is by topic, or by skill and tasks.
- In the tutoring sessions we will normally do several different types of activities so as to get you thinking around an event, theme or particular exam-skill. I often use primary sources as I think it is really important to get used to thinking about history like a historian.
I am an approachable and friendly tutor with a patient approach to problem areas. However, I will expect your input and some interest or enthusiasm to learn! If you don't have that, we will need to work out why and how to solve it!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: French, Japanese
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Strathclyde (2018) - History (Doctorate) (✘ Not On File)
- London School of Economics (2011) - History of international relations (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Sussex (2008) - History (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||1|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|