Information About Jennifer - Haringey tutor - (5 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Jennifer:
Qualified Assistant headteacher with outstanding GCSE (100% A-A*) and 6th form results. Graded twice by Ofsted to be an Outstanding teacher.
Hello, I am a fun-loving, exciting teacher of Mandarin and all Primary school subjects, with excellent relationships with all my students. I am a consistently outstanding classroom practitioner in my current school and has also been judged by Ofsted during my school's inspection as 'outstanding', and 'demonstrates excellent student progress and achievement' in my lessons. My GCSE results for 2011 was 100% A*-B with 50% A* grades, 2012 -100% A* and A with 85% A* and in 2013- current 100% A*-A.
I'm also a qualified Primary teacher and have been teaching up to Year 7 English for over a decade with outstanding progress achieved by my pupils. As a mother of 5 boys, with my youngest now in Secondary, I'm well skilled in all Primary subjects as reflected in all my children's SATs results of straight Level 5s and 6s. I'm happy to focus on a particular subject or a selection of subjects as best meets the needs of your child.
UK Qualified Teacher familiar with different exam boards
• I am a UK qualified teacher with over a decade’s experience of teaching and leading Mandarin in London schools with experience of supporting students through examinations.
• As an experienced head of department, I am also familiar with the various examination boards' curriculum and expectations.
Excellent GCSE and IB results
• 2011 GCSE - 100% A*-B
• 2012 GCSE - current - 100% A*-A
• IB results – Average Grades 6-7
Confucius Institute - Subject Leadership Award
My commitment to the development of Mandarin in the UK
• In May 2011, I was awarded the Subject Leadership Award by the Confucius Institute and SSAT, in recognition of my contribution to the study of Chinese and China in schools in England. I also have a Masters in Educational Leadership with the University of Warwick.
• I am committed to my professional development as a leader and have been actively involved with the British Council, Specialist Schools and Academies Trust (SSAT), Institute of Education (IOE) Confucius Institute and Confucius Classrooms in conducting training workshops for Mandarin teachers across the UK for the past 7 years.
I am an innovative teacher and my ethos is that through creativity, reflection, evaluation and change we can continually motivate our students. Truly passionate about children; I genuinely care for all of my students, and I thrive on the smiles and hugs they return. I am a firm believer that students must be equipped with a global understanding and as educators, we need to instill in them the knowledge and equip them with the skills to respond to future challenges.I uphold that high expectations of both children’s attainment and behaviour should be clearly and consistently communicated and I regard raising self-esteem as one of the main platforms for effective learning. I avidly believe that children can achieve when set with appropriate and achievable personal targets and celebrating each achievement they make, can encourage and inspire them to work effectively and strive for great heights.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Chinese, Malay
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Warwick (2013) - Educational Leadership (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- London Metropolitan University (2008) - Languages (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- London Metropolitan University (2007) - First Honours in Marketing (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||5|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
board. I would recommend her for anyone who wants to achieve a great result in their GCSE Chinese study.