I studied Classics at Pembroke College, Cambridge, graduating in 2020. I taught all the way through my degree and since graduating have been a full time tutor, racking up over 2000 hours of Latin and English tuition. Before that I attended St Paul's School where I received a range of top grades including 100% in A Level Latin and Ancient Greek and 11A*s at GCSE. Im an incredibly warm, passionate and enthusiastic person and I aim to pass on my love of Classics and English to my students. I tailor each session to the clients specific requirements and I strive to offer lessons that are engaging and enjoyable for the students as well as achieving their goals, whatever they may be.
*** Record as a Tutor ***
- 2000+ hours
- Successful entrants at Eton, St Paul's, Westminster and St Paul's Girls' School (among a host of others!)
- I currently teach students in the UK, China, Australia and America
- I offered free tuition for NHS workers' families during the pandemic
- I have taught students from complete beginner to achieving an A (top grade) in the Eton and Harrow Latin scholarship exams
*** Classes Offered ***
- Latin: up to Degree level
- Entrance Exams: 7+, 8+, 10+, 11+, 13+
- Interview Prep: Entrance Exams + Oxbridge
- Book Clubs: Run book clubs on the Harry Potter and Percy Jackson series (+ can design classes upon request)
- History: Teach a World History class (covering everything from Ancient Rome to the history of space exploration!)
I have over 2000 hours of experience tutoring, focussing mainly on Latin and English. I have taught every level of Latin and I relish the different challenges involved in teaching Latin from scratch vs delving into complex A Level literature and language. I am constantly adapting my methods to the student and parent's specific needs and requirements to make sure the sessions are always as useful and enjoyable as they possibly can be.
I also enjoy running several book clubs aimed at increasing student's enjoyment of and engagement with reading. So far we have covered books such as Harry Potter and Percy Jackson but we have plans for many more!
I believe that the right environment is essential for a student to achieve what they want and are capable of achieving and so I prioritise creating a relaxed, warm and open atmosphere in my lessons. I always maintain an open dialogue with the parents in order to receive feedback to make sure the lessons are as tailored to the student as possible.
If you want to book in a session, or even have a chat about my methods or ask any questions, feel free to pop me a message. I offer my first lesson free and I even offer a refund on the finder's fee if you feel we're not the right fit.
|Languages||English (British), Latin, French, Greek|
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|University of Cambridge||2020||Bachelors||Classics (2:1)|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|