Information About Jakub - Cardiff tutor - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Jakub:
Jakub offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
Government and Politics
English (Foreign Language)
FIRST CLASS FREE
Over two years of experience in on-line tutoring!
I am a Cardiff-based professional, currently working in an international event management company. I am looking to tutor anyone in Polish, English as a foreign language and Government and Politics. I am open to teaching casual learners and students (A-levels or university) and I specialize (and love!) to teach complete beginners (A1-B1 level).
Do you want to impress your boss/friends/family? Pass a language test? Contact me and I will make you speak!
• 26 years of experience in being Polish national (top class results in a Polish equivalent of A-level tests, 2010)
• On-line tutor in Polish, English and Spanish for the last two years (2015-> )
• First degree in Spanish (Aberystwyth University, 2010-14; exchange student at two Spanish universities, 2012-13)
• Work experience with various age groups: from school children aged 4-10 in Spanish primary school, university students in their 20s and 30s to people in their 50s and 60s (2010 -> )
Government and Politics:
• Master in European Governance and Public Policy (Cardiff University, 2016)
• BA in International Politics and Spanish (Aberystwyth University, 2014)
• Experience in European politics (experience of working for various MEPs)
• Experience in European administration (European Parliament Information Office, Poland)
• Convenient online class (e.g. through Skype, Google Docs shared files) = no commuting problems (delays, cost, traffic jams, weather issues, parking etc.)
• FREE first class to discuss your learning goals and to tailor the material for you – would you like to improve your conversation skills and speaking confidence to impress your friends/family, revise school material, prepare for exams?
• Learning materials provided, no extra costs – PDFs with grammar exercises, videos, podcasts, articles from press (on topic that interests you the most: sport, economy, fashion, cuisine, politics, travel)
An example of a 1,5 hour class:
• Warm-up speaking exercise
• Revision of previously learned material (grammar, vocabulary)
• Discussion about (prepared by me) video, press article or a book. I always adjust material to tutee’s language level
• Listening exercise to improve your language understanding (for example based on language-speaking podcasts)
• grammar exercises
• Revision of school material/exam past papers etc.
• analysis of your improvement and homework for the next class
Additional Languages: English (British), Polish, Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Aberystwyth University (2014) - BA in Spanish and International Politics (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||1|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
His lessons are well structured, with a good mixture of speaking, vocabulary and grammar.
As a language learner himself, he clearly understands what it's like to be a student - and this feeds in to the activities he prepares.
I especially like his approach to learning vocabulary - something I specifically requested that we work on.
He has a wealth of interests and experience and a relaxed nature that makes him very easy to get along with.
I highly recommend him as a tutor.