Information About Hemini - Clapham tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Hemini:
English (Foreign Language)
Hello there! I graduated (2:1) from UCL in 2013 with a degree in French and Italian language, history and literature. As part of my degree I completed exchanges at the prestigious ENS Lyon and the Faculty of Political Science in Florence. I have just returned from France where I spent a year teaching English at HEC Paris which is ranked as Europe's leading business school.
- HEC Paris: I taught English to both students (undergraduate, Masters, MBA and Executive Education) as well as academic and administrative staff.
- During my time in France I gave English lessons to a group of six 12 year old students, and supervised weekly debates
- Prior to this, I gave private English lessons in Florence to a student for 6 months
- I was an ABA tutor to a 8 yo child and I gave English language lessons
- fluent French speaker having spent a year working at HEC Paris (Sep 2013 - July) and studied at ENS Lyon for 5 months
- gave private lessons to students ranging b2-18 etween 1during my final year at UCL
I like to ask a tutee to tell me how they feel their level of English/French is before assessing them myself. For example, I normally provide a potential tutee with a short extract in the target language and ask them to read this aloud to test oral fluency and comprehension. This allows me to generate a rough time-frame for the individual. I then ask the tutee to outline their expectations of the sessions, especially if we have any time constraints to consider (no. of weeks until exam, no. of hours of tuition required per week).
I do tend to set a small amount of work to be completed for the following lesson but often this takes the form of practical exercises as opposed to extended writing. This allows me to monitor progress and speed up the process with looming exams and not enough hours in the day!
Additional Languages: French
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University College London (UCL) (2013) - BA French and Italian (2:1) (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)