Information About Helen - Manningtree tutor
My name is Helen McCombie- ALCM and I am a semi-professional soprano. I live in Stratford St Mary, Suffolk and am offering myself as a classical singing technique tutor.
I started singing when I was 4 years old and was trained in classical technique from day one so I am confident that I know what I am talking about!
I have vast experience in performing a variety of genres from early composers through the romantic period all the way to modern day composers, musical theatre, jazz and pop (you can and should apply classical techique to all singing styles). I also have experience in training and singing using the belt method (the kind of sound you associate with musical theatre).
Amoung my many accomplishments I have been a member of the National Youth Choir of Great Britain since the age of 11, sung in many musicals and operas with professional theatre companies and was the prinicipal soprano soloist for a Mozart concert aria with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
I have grade 8 singing with Distinction and a diploma from the London College of Music for Musical Theatre (93%). I also have A-Level Music and grade 5 music theory and practical musicianship.
I am able to provide a range of services:
1. Exercises for both voice and body
2. Advice on the interpretation of songs and how to perform them dramatically and vocally
3. Advice on how to control nerves and use them as a positive
4. Help preparing for exams and choosing the right pieces
Above all I will help you understand your voice and its capabilities and train you to use it in a safe way.
If you are interested in discussing lessons with me then please contact me anytime. Please be aware that I do not class myself as a pianist. Although I am capable of playing scales and exercises I would be unable to accompany if you were hoping to learn a song. This can be overcomed by the following:
1. If you know a pianist or have family member then they are welcome to come along a play for you.
2. You can get the accompaniment recorded on a tape or CD and then we can use that.
I prefer to work this way I can then concentrate fully on your voice, technique and interpretation.
My charge is 30 per hour.
I look forward to hearing from you!
I have taught singing and drama to a variety of individuals for a number of years. Some of this has been paid and some voluntary.
I believe that everyone's voice is unique and beautiful in their own way. My approach is ensuring that we work with and develop your voice in a safe and exciting way so that you can hear and feel the difference.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Gresham's School (2006) - Music A-Level (School) (✘ Not On File)
- London College of Music (2005) - Musical Theatre Diploma (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- Asscociated Board of Music (2005) - Grade 8 Singing (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- Asscociated Board of Music (2005) - Grade 5 Music Theory and Practical Musicianship (Other) (✘ Not On File)