Information About Hannes - Horsham tutor - (15 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Hannes:
Hannes offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
I am a German Mathematician educated to Ph.D. level. I also have all other
qualifications that enabled me to become a Ph.D. student, like Abitur
(German A-Levels) and a University degree in mathematics (German diploma
equivalent to masters).
I am very calm, friendly and patient. Despite my high qualification I really am
very patient and able to adapt to the student's abilities, needs and tuition targets.
I am 100% reliable and always punctual.
I have been living and working in Britain for almost 6 years. I speak English fluently.
I charge 60p for one mile travel distance (one way). I only travel up to 10 miles.
And I only teach at your home or online.
For GCSE and A-Level students I offer discounts for regular lessons that are longer than 1 hour.
Currently (17/09/2018) I have several free slots except for Tuesday and Wednesday.
I have 4 years teaching experience from working in University and have
considerable experience in helping others understanding maths. I also
have over 5 years recent tutoring experience in the UK, of which I have
been working full time as a maths tutor for 4.5 years. During this time I have
taught over 60 students. My first two students are still with me.
In June/July I also work as an examiner with OCR.
I am particularly qualified to teach university students, and I have recently tutored
several university students, e.g. 3 maths students, one economics student,
one engineering student.
I would call my tutoring approach practical. I explain a concept by going through one or more examples together with the student. If necessary I explain the concept from different angels using visual aids (drawings, often a picture says more then many words). Through my deep understanding of the subject I am able to explain things in a way other tutors might not be able to and bring examples other tutors might not know. For example I used binary numbers for a Year 3 and a Year 5 student to explain place value. From there I will help the students solve some easy examples which gradually get more difficult. This gives the student practical understanding, experience and confidence for exams. I will also set homework to be completed between tutorials. This gives the student invaluable practise and helps me also to assess the student's progress. I never show up unprepared to a lesson.
For Online Tuition:
How it works:
* We will be using an online collaboration website, for which I have a license. This website provides a whiteboard
that we both can edit simultaneously. Together with this website we use a Wacom tablet to be able to write on
this whiteboard. I can provide such a tablet for you for a deposit of £35.
* Some of my students have used a computer tablet like an IPad. That works ok but the drawback is that you
can't rest your hand on it as you are writing.
* Additionally we will be using Skype for audio communication.
* It would be great if you have a headset since communication becomes clearer which is important in a learning
* Obviously there is no travel cost by I have to charge £2 for the online collaboration website, which provides a very good working environment.
* If necessary I can help you set up your computer.
* You need to be at least 16 years of age.
* You need to have a stable broadband connection
* You need to be familiar with Skype and a web browser (preferably Firefox or Chrome).
* Your Computer needs to be sufficiently fast. It is sufficient if your can run Skype smoothly
and stream videos on Youtube smoothly
* You need to be sufficiently computer literate, familiar with surfing the web and using Skype.
* Your web browser including the flash plugin need to be up to date.
* It would be good if you had a scanner to scan in your homework and send it to me. But a good camera will do also.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British), German
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Würzburg Germany (2011) - doctorate in (applied) mathematics (Doctorate) (✔ On File)
- University of Bayreuth (2007) - diploma in mathematics (Masters) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||15|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
My son has improved his results as a result of the work completed with Hannes, and I would have no hesitation in recommending him to other parents who find themselves equally anxious about the forthcoming IGCSE's …
Both of my children have improved significantly in Maths as a result of Hannes tuition and we especially like the lesson summaries Hannes sends following lessons. These reports detail what was covered, whether there were issues / areas for focus and what's going to be worked on next.