This is how 3 referees rated Hannes:
Hannes offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
|Hourly Rate||Online Lessons|
I am a German Mathematician educated to Ph.D. level. I also have all other
qualifications that enabled me to become a Ph.D. student, like Abitur
(German A-Levels) and a University degree in mathematics (German diploma
equivalent to masters).
I am very calm, friendly and patient. Despite my high qualification I really am
very patient and able to adapt to the student's abilities, needs and tuition targets.
I am 100% reliable and always punctual.
I have been living and working in Britain for almost 5 years. I speak English fluently.
I charge 60p for one mile travel distance (one way). I only travel up to 10 miles.
And I only teach at your home or online.
For GCSE and A-Level students I offer discounts for regular lessons that are longer than 1 hour.
Currently (28/09/2016) I am available on Monday 2pm to 3.30 pm, Tuesday 2pm to 6pm, Wednesday 6.30pm to 8pm, Friday 2pm to 8pm and Saturday 2pm to 4pm.
I have 4 years teaching experience from working in University and have
considerable experience in helping others understanding maths. I also
have over 3.5 years recent tutoring experience in the UK, of which I have
been working full time as a maths tutor for 3 years. During this time I have
taught over 30 students. My first two students are still with me.
I am particularly qualified to teach university students, and I have recently tutored
several university students, e.g. two maths students, one economics student,
one engineering student.
I would call my tutoring approach practical. I explain a concept by going through one or more examples together with the student.
If necessary I explain the concept from different angels using visual aids (drawings, often a picture says more then many words).
Through my deep understanding of the subject I am able to explain things in a way other tutors might not be able to and bring examples
other tutors might not know. For example I used binary numbers for a Year 3 and a Year 5 student to explain place value.
From there I will help the students solve some easy examples which gradually get more difficult. This gives the student practical
understanding, experience and confidence for exams. I will also setting homework to be completed between tutorials.
This gives the student invaluable practise and helps me also to assess the student's progress.
I never show up unprepared to a lesson.
For Online Tuition:
How it works:
* We will be using an online collaboration website, for which I have a license. This website provides a whiteboard
that we both can edit simultaneously. Together with this website we use a Wacom tablet to be able to write on
this whiteboard. I can provide such a tablet for you for a deposit of £35.
* Additionally we will be using Skype for audio communication.
* Obviously there is no travel cost by I have to charge £2 for the online collaboration website, which provides a
very good working environment.
* I do an introduction lesson for free. However I would like to do this session at your house if you want to and
don't live too far away. For this I would charge the travel cost.
* If necessary I can help you set up your computer.
* You need to be at least 16 years of age.
* You need to have a stable broadband connection
* You need to be familiar with Skype and a web browser (preferably Firefox or chrome).
* Your Computer needs to be sufficiently fast. It is sufficient if your can run Skype smoothly
and stream videos on Youtube smoothly
* You need to be sufficiently computer literate, familiar with surfing the web and using Skype.
* Your web browser including the flash plugin need to be up to date…
|Date Last Logged In:||01/12/2016|
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||10|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:||10 Av. 5.00/5.00|
Tags: Horsham Maths tutor, Horsham GCSE Maths tutor, Horsham A-Level Maths tutor, Horsham University Maths tutor, Horsham Casual Learner Maths tutor