Information About Hannah - Dorchester tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Hannah:
Media / Communication Studies
I am 22 year old English Language and Linguistics graduate from King's College London with a upper second class honours qualification. Since graduating last year. I have spent my time working and volunteering in Dorchester and plan to travel and teach english in the near future. I have always had a keen interest and aptitude for communication-based subjects, with English Language, Media Studies and Sociology proving particularly valuable and focused aspects of my learning and knowledge. Language fascinates me and I really enjoy facilitating an understanding of the subject in others.
- Facilitating workshops to a range of age groups whilst working with the United Nations Association International Service in Bolivia.(2015)
-Tutoring other students in my A-Level English Language class
A patient and relaxed approach to teaching. I always found that I was able to learn most effectively when taking a concept and framing it within something I am interested in, For example, when learning how to use different methods of linguistic analysis, I often chose to analyse song lyrics as music is something very important to me. I believe that sometimes concepts, methods and general scopes of subjects can seem daunting and alien; however if we look at these things within the context of our everyday lives and apply frameworks and ideas to that with which we are familiar, then learning becomes easier and more relatable.
Additional Languages: Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- King's College London (2014) - 2:1 English Language & Linguistics (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- The Thomas Hardye School (2011) - A* in A level English Language (College) (✔ On File)
- The Thomas Hardye School (2011) - A in A Level Media Studies (College) (✔ On File)
- The Thomas Hardye School (2009) - A* in GCSE English Language - A* in Media Studies (School) (✘ Not On File)