Information About George - Exeter tutor - (6 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated George:
A junior doctor and biochemistry graduate who wishes to share their expertise as a tutor, aiming to provide engaging and tailored sessions.
Throughout my studies I have helped colleagues to grasp difficult concepts. This has often relied on clear diagrams and a good understanding of the subject. I feel that this has given me a good grounding to teach the sciences. I have gained valuable teaching experience as an academic tutor for the past few years and from teaching undergraduate medical students throughout the medical degree.
I wish to build upon the tutee's knowledge and understanding on concepts that they find difficult to grasp, so that they can have the confidence to tackle the questions that they find challenging. The sessions will be adapted to the tutee and I will build their confidence and help to achieve their goals by the following key approaches:
1. Enhance their understanding on key concepts (clear examples and diagrams)
2. To work through past papers and parallel questions on difficult topics and concepts
3. To develop their method of learning
4. To enthuse and motivate the pupil
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- The University of Sheffield (2018) - Medical degree (MBChB) (Professional) (✔ On File)
- Cardiff University (2013) - Biochemistry (1st with honors) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Dean Close School (2010) - A-levels: Maths, Biology, Chemistry & Physics (School) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||6|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
George has an indepth knowledge of the subject and structures sessions effectively to match my daughters gaps in knowledge and how this is applied.
George has built up her confidence in how she approaches exam questions and made a huge difference with his advice on exam technique which includes for example a focus on key/buzz words required in the specification, creating an understanding of how this is applied through involvement of the tutee in thinking and structuring answers.
George has definitely been a great help and we wish we had contacted him earlier in the academic year. George's passion for science is self evident soon after you meet him and I would strongly recommend him as a tutor.