This is how 2 referees rated Gary:
I am an enthusiastic, friendly and calm person who has a passion for teaching. I strive to ensure each child makes progress and enjoys themselves along the way. Every lesson is full of engaging activities which really challenge each learner and make them feel comfortable to take risks in their learning. In and out of the classroom I take pride in all I do and will work tirelessly until a goal is achieved.
- I have been teaching for 5 years.
- I started teaching in state schools and have worked throughout requires improvement all the way to outstanding measures schools.
- I currently teach in the private sector at Twyford Prep School.
- I have been a classroom teacher in years 2, 3 and 5.
- In the state sector I was the subject leader for computing (ICT).
- Member of the 'Teaching and Learning leaders' group in the private sector.
- In both state and private I have been involved in sports coaching and taking teams to play against other schools.
I ensure that all my students feel comfortable to be honest and discuss their learning, achieved through attentive listening that caters and considers each individuals needs.
I also have access to a growing resource base which I have created over the past 5 years to help every learning in my classes which has enabled me to adopt many different strategies to solve problems as well as good modelling techniques.
Monitoring students progress is essential to ensure that each session will build on prior knowledge. I am very adaptable and have a broad skills base to adapt a session quickly to suit the learners understanding or learning barriers.
Most of all my tutoring ethos is student based and individualistic.