Information About Francesca - Morden tutor - (8 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Francesca:
Integrated masters Mathematics graduand with a history in private tuition and academic excellence.
IMPORTANT: NOW TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 11th JUNE - 1ST SEPT ONLY.
I have 2 years of tutoring experience as a member of FirstTutors in London and York with excellent reviews and progress in grades alike.
In July 2018, I will be graduating form the University of York with an integrated masters degree in Mathematics MMath (Hons).
I have a clear past in academic excellence and voluntary/paid positions to help better University experience. I am reliable, dedicated and offer tuition to those seeking help with all level of Mathematics and to students of all ages.
I am able to help with:
- Primary School Mathematics
- 11+ Mathematics exam preparation
- Secondary School Mathematics
- GCSE, Foundation and Higher tier Mathematics
- FSMQ Mathematics (Additional Mathematics)
- AS Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics (core, statistics, mechanics, further pure & decision)
- A2 Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics (core, statistics, mechanics, further pure)
All exam boards are covered.
Throughout my time with FirstTutors, I have tutored Mathematics to students with ranging abilities.
I take great pride in seeing students achieve their important educational goals, whether it is a C in Foundation GCSE or an A* in A2 Level Mathematics.
I have tutored pupils from surrounding Merton schools including:
- Ursuline High School
- Wimbledon College
- Cheam High School
At The University of York, I was a Senior Mathematics Mentor to first year undergraduate students. I provided informal help with core modules, module choice advice and focused on the jump in Mathematics from A2 Mathematics/ A2 Further Mathematics to undergraduate level.
I undertook a Summer internship to develop and brand the Academic Peer Support infrastructure throughout the university. I’ve collaborated with heads of departments, colleges and the university's Academic Registrar.
I am very patient and receptive to a tutees needs. No two person's abilities and circumstances are exactly the same, this reflects in my tutoring.
I believe in building up confidence through encouragement and practice. I set tutees question sheets to complete by the next lesson for practice, to encourage independent study and to evaluate progress and understanding.
I have access to plenty of revision resources, practice and past papers across the curriculum.
I understand the need to be flexible! Should tutees wish to have an extra lesson one week for extra help with exam preparation or need to miss a lesson but wish to make up for it, I am very willing to accommodate.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- The University of York (2018) - Mathematics (MMath - 4 year Integrated Masters) (Masters) (✔ On File)
- St Philomena’s Catholic High School for Girls (2013) - FSMQ Additional Mathematics (School) (✔ On File)
- The London Oratory School (2013) - A2 Level Mathematics and A2 Level Further Mathematics (School) (✔ On File)
- St Philomena’s Catholic High School for Girls (2011) - GCSE Mathematics (School) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||8|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
Amber spent 8 weeks with her 2 hours every weekend and has helped her immensely
Would highly recommend her
Thank you so much