This is how 2 referees rated Francesca:
I am a full time tutor in English Literature and have been teaching all my life alongside other work. I have two degrees from the University of Cambridge, one in English Literature and another in Law (2002). I took French, English, History and Theatre Studies for A-Level, achieving straight A grades. I play the piano, and achieved Grade 8 by the time I was 18 (Royal Colleges of Music examinations).
I have been shortlisted twice for the prestigious International Undergraduate Awards, beating final year students from the best universities around the world to be awarded Highly Commended for my thesis. I presented my work at Google HQ to a global audience.
I have previously worked at an international development charity in central London and as a copywriter. I currently write one day a week for a Sunday newspaper. I have had my poetry published, write creatively, run a book group and read voraciously.
- I have spent the last two and a half years tutoring full time in English Literature and Language, mainly at A Level and GCSE.
- I also intensively coach students for applications to Oxbridge to study English, both for the exam and the interview itself.
- I work for the regulatory body Tutoring Standards, interviewing prospective tutors who are trying to attain a professional tutoring certificate,
In addition to my extensive teaching experience:
- I delivered seminars to groups of 32 students. Also to pairs and individuals. Topics included teen issues, sexual health and bullying (78 hours).
- I took part in voluntary work with blind and handicapped children at Dorton House School. Teaching, crafts, play, and planning events with students aged 8-18 (195 hours).
- I taught drama and theatre studies in lunchtime clubs to 11-15 year olds. We devised our own workshops, performances and written work (78 hours).
As my two degrees might hint, I'm very passionate about learning and I love to convey that enthusiasm to a student. I'm good at putting a student at ease so that they can maximise their learning potential, whilst remaining focused and structured about achieving the goals we make together.
If the student is keen to apply to Oxbridge at some point, I have a lot of useful advice I could pass on. I have been through the interview process three times - all three applications resulted in an offer.
|Date Last Logged In:||06/12/2016|
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||5|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:||5 Av. 5.00/5.00|
Tags: Forest Hill English tutor, Forest Hill GCSE English tutor, Forest Hill A-Level English tutor, Forest Hill University English tutor