Information About Emma - Woking tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Emma:
Qualified and experienced provider of high-quality bespoke Latin tuition both online and face-to-face. Latin teacher with 18 years' experience. Tutoring specialism: Common Entrance/Scholarship.
Unlike many private tutors, I have extensive long-term experience in the mainstream classroom as well as through almost two decades of private tutoring. My most relevant qualifications and experience include:
• PGCE Classics, St. John`s College, Cambridge; Qualified Teacher Status from the year 2000.
• PhD in Classics, MA Distinction and 1st Class Hons BA from Royal Holloway, University of London.
• Rated Outstanding as a teacher by Ofsted in all inspections, including most recent (February 2016).
• Extensive private tuition experience with prep school students aiming at Levels 1-3 and Scholarship; further one-to-one experience with private candidates at both GCSE and A level.
• Beginners` Latin Course tutor at Royal Holloway, University of London.
• Professional marker for OCR (A level literature components).
• Small group tutor at the JACT Latin Summer School.
• Enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
• Member of the Tutors` Association, the Classical Association and the National Education Union.
The joy of one-to-one tutoring is the fact that it can be tailored directly to the needs of one individual. I have worked with a huge variety of individual tutees from students cramming last-minute for an important examination to very mature adults learning purely for pleasure. This variety is one of the things that I enjoy most about tutoring.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Royal Holloway, University of London (2000) - PhD Classics (Doctorate) (✔ On File)
- St John's College, Cambridge (2000) - PGCE Classics (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- The Latymer School, North London (2000) - Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (✔ On File)
- Royal Holloway, University of London (1996) - MA Classics (Distinction) (Masters) (✔ On File)