Qualified and experienced provider of high-quality bespoke Latin tuition both online and face-to-face. Latin teacher with 18 years' experience. Tutoring specialism: Common Entrance/Scholarship.
Unlike many private tutors, I have extensive long-term experience in the mainstream classroom as well as through almost two decades of private tutoring. My most relevant qualifications and experience include:
• PGCE Classics, St. John's College, Cambridge; Qualified Teacher Status from the year 2000.
• PhD in Classics, MA Distinction and 1st Class Hons BA from Royal Holloway, University of London.
• Rated Outstanding as a teacher by Ofsted in all inspections, including most recent (February 2016).
• Extensive private tuition experience with prep school students aiming at Levels 1-3 and Scholarship; further one-to-one experience with private candidates at both GCSE and A level.
• Beginners' Latin Course tutor at Royal Holloway, University of London.
• Professional marker for OCR (A level literature components).
• Small group tutor at the JACT Latin Summer School.
• Enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
• Member of the Tutors' Association, the Classical Association and the National Education Union.
The joy of one-to-one tutoring is the fact that it can be tailored directly to the needs of one individual. I have worked with a huge variety of individual tutees from students cramming last-minute for an important examination to very mature adults learning purely for pleasure. This variety is one of the things that I enjoy most about tutoring.
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (evenings)|
|References Available||On File|
|Royal Holloway, University of London||2000||Doctorate||PhD Classics|
|St John's College, Cambridge||2000||PGCE||PGCE Classics|
|The Latymer School, North London||2000||QTS||Qualified Teacher Status|
|Royal Holloway, University of London||1996||Masters||MA Classics (Distinction)|