English (Foreign Language)
Proactive and resourceful CELTA-qualified teacher with two years' hands-on experience within language schools and privately. Strong team builder, energetic, dynamic, relishes challenges; successful in motivating and encouraging students of all backgrounds and learning styles; skills strengthened by international experience, necessitating strong cultural awareness.
International House Lacunza, San Sebastian, Basque Country
Teacher of English
Business students, PET and FCE preparation, Young Learners
CELTA International House Newcastle (120 hours)
(Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) 2011
• Taught pre- and upper-intermediate multilingual classes of 5-17 students in ESL;
• Used and adapted materials from English File, Headway, Cutting Edge course books and a wide range of internet sources;
• Employed authentic texts creating original activities targeting receptive and productive skills and language systems;
• Designed and implemented an original syllabus with fellow course trainees;
• Conducted needs-based analyses of individual students and created structured lesson plans according to their specific needs.
OWL Institute, Argentina
English Teacher 2011
• Taught English Language & Literature to prepare teenagers for Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) and First Certificate in English (FCE) examinations in a school with 100% pass rate;
• Provided clear communication in order to facilitate learning;
• Administered, supervised and marked mock examinations, giving clear, effective feedback to pupils and guidance on how to improve;
• Maintained weekly, monthly and quarterly records of student marks for report cards;
• Managed pupils’ classroom behaviour positively.
E-Living, Westbridge, Private Lessons, Argentina
English Teacher & Translator 2010-2011
• Planned, prepared and delivered lessons to a range of adult group and individual classes: elementary, pre-intermediate, intermediate, upper-intermediate, advanced, business, conversational;
• Facilitated students preparing for examinations in IELTS, CPE, BEC, PET;
• Level-tested new students and developed teaching materials accordingly;
• Identified student learning styles and prepared tailor-made interactive lesson plans exploiting technology and all resources available;
• Maintained attendance sheets and written reports on student progress;
• Provided training and observation for new teachers and supply for absent teachers;
• Translated documents from Spanish to English & provided extensive proofreading.
• Actively responsible for the safety and well-being of two young French children;
• Taught English to the children using a range of methods, including Jolly Phonics;
• Organised events and outings for groups of children.
I am a warm, friendly, motivating tutor, extremely passionate about the English language and I thoroughly enjoy helping people of all ages, all backgrounds to understand and use it confidently. I begin by identifying student learning style/s and then prepare tailor-made interactive lesson plans exploiting technology and resources available. I have experience in PET and FCE preparation.
Tags: Spennymoor English (Foreign Language) tutor, Spennymoor Secondary English (Foreign Language) tutor, Spennymoor GCSE English (Foreign Language) tutor, Spennymoor A-Level English (Foreign Language) tutor, Spennymoor University English (Foreign Language) tutor, Spennymoor Casual Learner English (Foreign Language) tutor