This is how 3 referees rated Ellie:
|Hourly Rate||Online Lessons|
English (Foreign Language)
|Hourly Rate||Online Lessons|
I specialise in teaching French to adults who want to improve their speaking and listening skills in French, and also help you get to grips with the grammar you need to really understand and unlock the language.
I learned my French grammar at school, but I really learned how to communicate in France when I lived and worked in Lyon. I have also worked for a French humanitarian organisation, as a French wine buyer and have spoken French at home over the last 25 years. I am married to a Lyonnais and have lots friends and family living in France.
When I lived in France, I taught English as Foreign Language (EFL) to adults.
Learning a second language as an adult is different from learning at school and brings with it many benefits that go far beyond simply being able to communicate in another language. More and more research indicates that learning a second language as an adult keeps your mind active, can stave off demetia in later life and enhances creativity and problem solving skills. Of course there's also a great sense of achievement as you progress and start to feel confident understanding and using it.
Over the years, I have taught many adults who, like you, who want to improve language skills in French, including but not limited to:
- Tailored French tutorials on a one-to-one basis for complete beginners, people coming back to the French language after a long gap, and confident speakers who want to take their French to the next level
- Bespoke French language group lessons in small businesses where people come together to learn French for both their personal and professional development
- Adult evening classes at a secondary school for people wanting to learn French as a group course
I have organised several accompanied cultural day trips to France for groups of up to 20 people.
As an English as a Foreign Language Teacher (EFL) in Lyon, I taught:
- Students at L' Université Lyon 2
- Professionals at EDF, learning a second language to forward their career
- Air Traffic Controllers, St Exupery International Airport, Lyon
- People learning a language to achieve their their own personal goals
My work as a group facilitator and trainer includes:
- Creative problem solving workshops
- Strategy development, design and planning workshops
- Project management training
As your tutor, I wear many hats, I'm there to guide you through your learning, motivate you to keep moving towards your goals, make it easy for you to understand, put you at ease so you can practice, make mistakes and feel the confidence to correct yourself. These are just some of the things that you need when you are learning a language.
You will learn faster if you are open to exploring the language, prepared to take a few risks when speaking and are willing to engage with lots of different learning strategies that keep things interesting and challenging.
We have all proved that we have the skills and capacity to learn language, just by the fact we speak our own language. My approach to teaching you French is to tease out all the strategies and techniques that you already have for language learning and help you apply them to French.
It's a fascinating journey, I think, with many benefits that go way beyond being able to conjugate verbs correctly, although of course grammar is important.
Please do get in touch if you would like to find out more.
I travel to Epping, Harlow, North Weald, Bishop's Stortford, Great Dunmow, The Rodings, Saffron Walden and surrounding areas.
Weekly lessons and intensive courses available.
|Date Last Logged In:||14/10/2016|
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||9|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:||9 Av. 5.00/5.00|
Tags: Sawbridgeworth French tutor, Sawbridgeworth English (Foreign Language) tutor, Sawbridgeworth GCSE French tutor, Sawbridgeworth A-Level French tutor, Sawbridgeworth Casual Learner French tutor, Sawbridgeworth Casual Learner English (Foreign Language) tutor