I am an experienced scientific researcher in Biophysics, affiliated with Imperial College though currently not in a full time position (although applying for grants). My associate at Imperial is Professor Kornyshev. Trained in Theoretical Physics, I have knowledge and skills in both Physics and Mathematics.
I can teach Physics and Applied Mathematics for Physical Science to University Level, as well as some Physical Chemistry. I have private tutoring experience in A-Level and GSCE Maths and Physics, as well as university tutoring experience in Physics, Maths and Physical Chemistry (from working in a Chemsitry Department).
For GCSE Physics or Mathematics: £30/hour
For A Level Physics, Pure Maths or Mechanics: £35/hour
For BSc Physics, Physical Chemistry, or Mathematics for Physical Scientists: £45/hour
I have tutored either privately, for a tutorial college or for a university for over twenty years: I am an expeinced Tutor. Some of the taching positions I have held have been:
1. Undergraduate Tutor, Second/Third Year Theoretical Physics Option and Mathematical Physics First Year Option, University College, Oxford - Oct. 1996-July 1997
2. Undergraduate Tutor, Mechanics part of Second/Third Year Theoretical Physics Option, St. Hilda's College, Oxford, March. 1998-May 1998.
3. Easter Revision Tutor, G.C.S.E Physics and Physics Baccalaureate, Collingham Tutor College, Oxford- March. 1998-April 1999.
4. Problems Class Demonstrator in Condensed Matter Physics, University of Leeds,Leeds- Feb 1999-May 1999.
5. Stand in tutorials for Alexei Kornyshev, Physical Chemistry, Imperial College,London- 2004-2005.
6. First Year Undergraduate Physical Chemistry Tutor, Imperial College, London- October 2005-June 2006
7. Second Year Undergraduate Physical Chemistry Tutor, Imperial College, London- October 2006- June 2007
8. First Year Undergraduate Physical Chemistry Tutor, Imperial College, London- October 2010-2013
9. Delivered a lecture course in statistical field theory at the Imperial College DTC-May 2012
I have a passion for teaching and have plenty of teaching experience, I find it very rewarding when I have been able to make a student understand a particular concept. In one to one tuition I can learn quickly what conceptual problems students have with material- I can 'get into the head' of the student, as long as there is communication- and can offer remedial teaching. Alternatively, I can inspire brighter students through my scientific knowledge and background- I can tell you about the Physics that is needed to describe Biological Systems, like my own area of research, about the properties of Superconductors (which I did do some research on), or the structure of matter and fundamental forces of nature (which I studied at both Leeds and Oxford universities), amongst other topics.
I'm actually quite easy going and understanding but can be quite firm if I believe that I am not getting enough effort from students, as well as offering encouragement.
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|Oxford University||1998||Doctorate||Theoretical Physics|