Information About Dionysios - Cambridge tutor - (6 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Dionysios:
--12 years tutoring experience.
-- PhD in Mathematical Physics.
-- MSc in Theoretical, Computational Physics and Astrophysics.
-- BSc in Physics.
I am an enthusiastic tutor who enjoys sharing his knowledge and expertise. I am also a professional mathematical physicist working in academia as a postdoctoral researcher.
I normally undertake tutoring on taught undegraduate modules, but I am also happy to provide guidance on small assignments and final year projects. Small groups of 2 or 3 are welcome.
I have been tutoring undergraduate students since 2006 covering a wide range of mathematics, physics and engineering modules taught in various institutions, such as Edinburgh university, Heriot-Watt university, Birmingham City University, King's College, UCL, Imperial and Cambridge.
Some of the subjects I have taught extensively include:
- Mathematics to all levels: calculus, ordinary and partial differential equations, linear algebra, series and integrals, group theory, differential geometry
- Introductory physics: newtonian mechanics, wave mechanics, optics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics
- Advanced physics: electronics and circuits, Lagrangian and Hamiltonian mechanics, electrodynamics, special relativity, quantum mechanics, statistical physics, quantum field theory
As a teacher I am patient and understanding, but also firm and demanding.
My teaching method is designed to build the student's confidence and prepare him/her for their exams. Each class I deliver has to meet three goals:
- ensure that the material has been understood
- cover any background gaps, and
- improve the student's problem solving skills.
My teaching is tailored to the individual needs of each student so when you contact me please provide
- details of the module (which uni, what level, syllabus or link to material, etc)
- a few words about the reasons you're looking for a tutor (e.g. "I don't understand the physics", "I understand the ideas but I struggle with the math", "I just want help preparing for my exam", "I think I have gaps in my knowledge", etc)
Additional Languages: English (British)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Heriot - Watt University, Edinburgh (2014) - Mathematical Physics (Doctorate) (✔ On File)
- University of Patras, Greece (2010) - Theoretical Physics (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Patras, Greece (2006) - Physics (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||6|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
I would recommend to anyone who wants to prepare for exams.
For anyone in a similar situation I would 100% recommend Dionysios.
He is very patient, explains concepts in an easy to understand manner & is enthusiastic which helps me build up confidence.
I would recommend Dionyios to anyone who wants to improve their understanding of mathematics.