This is how 2 referees rated David:
Cambridge maths graduate. English but lived in USA for 20 years. After a 30-year computer programming career I gained a postgraduate teaching qualification. Have lived in Hereford since January 2011 after one year as a volunteer maths teacher in Guyana, South America. I enjoy walking, and playing piano.
30 year varied computer programming career including some teaching.
- from 1987 to 1990 I planned and gave 1-day, 3-day, and 5-day courses in analysis and programming. Usually between 3 and 20 adult professionals attended my courses which I gave at company headquarters and in client sites in England, Scotland, and Ireland.
from 1985-87 gave individual math tuition to a 14-15 year old and a 15-17 year old.
- in 1991, after emigrating from UK to the USA, I traveled in Arkansas and Missouri instructing retail staff in the use of new store software.
volunteered with an adult literacy organization. Two students: 1993-94 and 1998-2002
- coached chess at a local School in Ohio, USA every season from 1993 to 2008
- tutored adult in basic trigonometry 2006, children in year 10 algebra 2007, year 11 trigonometry 2008/9, year 12 calculus 2010
volunteered June/July 2009 to teach English to recent immigrants.
- volunteer maths teacher (secondary school and A level equivalent) in Guyana, South America July 2009 to July 2010.
- volunteer maths teacher (secondary school level) in American Samoa from August 2012 to November 2012
Tailored to the individual. I am patient and want you to appreciate maths and get a 'feel' for it. The exam results will follow if you work hard because maths (like playing piano) also requires much practice. I would expect you to tell me the areas in which you need help, and to be honest about your level of understanding so that I can find an approach which works for you.
|Date Last Logged In:||02/12/2016|
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||3|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:||3 Av. 4.67/5.00|
Tags: Hereford Maths tutor, Hereford Secondary Maths tutor, Hereford GCSE Maths tutor, Hereford A-Level Maths tutor, Hereford Casual Learner Maths tutor