Hi I'm David, I teach maths full time, providing tailored lessons to students of all ages and abilities from primary to university level. Feedback from students I am currently working with can be found below.
I grew up in Suffolk, and went through the primary, middle, and high school system here. After completing my GCSEs and A-levels locally, I moved to Nottingham university where I graduated with a degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering, awarded with first class (Hons). During my education, I feel fortunate to have had teachers who placed patience and confidence in me, and this is something I try to bring to my teaching today.
Over the past few years, I have worked with students at every age group, across all the main examining bodies (AQA, Edexcel, OCR, and CIE).
Presently, I'm working with students from Debenham High School, Copleston High School, Northgate High School, Stowupland High School, and Woodbridge School. These include:
– KS2 students, covering topics in preparation for year 6 SATs, and 11+ entrance exams.
– KS3 students, covering core topics in preparation for GCSE.
– GCSE students, covering foundation and higher level material, for the newly updated 1-9 syllabus.
– A-level students, covering pure mathematics, mechanics and statistics for the newly updated 2017 syllabus.
– University students, covering Calculus, ODEs, PDEs, Fourier Series, Laplace Transforms, Hydrostatics, Fluid Mechanics, etc.
My aim will always be to build your confidence in maths. I personally used to dread being asked questions in school, and so my lessons are designed so that you never feel like that. The work that we do will utilise us practising questions together, and talking about anything that is difficult.
I consider myself to be very diligent, and across a suitable run of lessons I will ensure all topics are covered in depth. I will always come to lessons well prepared, and with plenty of resources to pass on. When we reach the point of preparing for exams, I have hundreds of past exam questions for us to practise with.
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (evenings)|
|References Available||On File|
|University of Nottingham||2013||Bachelors||1st (Hons) BEng Civil Engineering|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|