Information About David - Blackheath tutor - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated David:
David offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
English (Foreign Language)
Hi, my name is David. My role as tutor is to help students achieve their unique potential as independent learners through acknowledgement, encouragement, understanding, and personalised attention.
I excel at working with the brightest children (many from leading independent schools) who need to ensure they achieve the very highest grades. I have an excellent track record preparing children for 11+ and Common Entrance Examinations.
Formally a professional theatre director, I'm particularly effective tutoring creative writing. I directed. The 39 Steps in the West End and Tokyo…
For the last six years, I have been employed full time as a 1-1 tutor and consultant in London primary and secondary schools.
-Expert 'New Curriculum' knowledge.
- KS2 English Test tuition in Reading, Grammar and Writing.
-KS2 Maths Test tuition.
- 1-1 tuition for GSCE English coursework and exam preparation
1-1 tuition for GCSE History coursework and exam preparation.
- A' Level English and History examination preparation
- 11+ and Common Entrance exam tuition (with an excellent track record of getting children into grammar and independent schools). I teach the specific skills needed and tailor them to the requirements of individual schools.
I have a full Enhanced DBS certificate.
ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
(Fully CELTA qualified and tutor of EAL at Oxford University.
- Vast experience teaching English as a Foreign Language.
- Preparation for PET, FIRST CERTIFICATE and ADVANCED.
-Writing and Editing Skills.
-Business Studies specific EAL tuition.
SPECIAL REDUCED RATES APPLY FOR EAL).
Formally a professional Theatre Director ( The 39 Steps/ Tracy Beaker/Midsummer Night's Dream), I also offer Drama tuition and oratory skills. I can prepare you or your child for interview… Please don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions or wish to book a trial lesson. I look forward to helping your child reach their full potential.
Communication and regular feedback with parents is essential. Tutoring is personal and your child is unique. This is so important for one-to-one tuition. (You can call me outside of lessons for advice and support).
One-to-one tutoring can truly accelerate learning and I have witnessed first hand the positive effects it can have not only in terms of academic improvement but also in confidence and self-esteem.
I am passionate about the importance of education and believe there is a 'key' to unlocking every child's potential. I build excellent rapport with students; I find that key.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Royal National Theatre (2012) - Theatre Directing (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- Stanton School (2000) - CELTA TEFL B GRADE (College) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Warwick (1997) - English/ History (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||1|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Unpublished feedback: (usually negative)||1|