Information About Connie - Edinburgh tutor - (9 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Connie:
Connie offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
|Hourly Rate||Online Lessons|
|Hourly Rate||Online Lessons|
I am a native French speaker, born in France but has been living in the U.K since the age of 2. I have a first class batchelors degree in Modern Language Studies (French, Spanish and Portuguese) from the University of Nottingham
I love languages and am passionate about travelling, world literature, music and film. I am also an avid photographer
I have worked as a teacher and teaching assistant in the U.K, France, and Brazil
Oct 2015- June 2016 Student Action for Refugees (STAR), Nottingham
- I volunteered with STAR Nottingham in their weekly English conversation classes, teaching a mixed ability group of refugees and asylum seekers in the Nottingham area
Tutor age: Adults
Aug 2015-Sep 2015 Associação Despertar Trancoso, Bahia, Brazil
- I volunteered with a grassroots NGO in Bahia, Brazil, which focusses on training young people and adults and creating opportunities for them in the sustainable tourism industry.
- I gave English and French classes to mixed ability children and adults, and translated the organisation’s website into French and English
Tutor Age: 8-Adult
Oct 2014- April 2015 Lycée Hugues-Capet, Senlis, France
- I was the English Language Assistant as part of the British Council assistantship programme in the sixth form college.
Tutor Age: 16-24
I also was a babysitter for a 2 year-old British-Brazilian girl in Beeston, Nottingham, speaking exclusively French to her.
I revolve my tutoring practice around the needs of my pupils. We can discuss what you want to improve in terms of the language (speaking, writing, listening, reading, translation etc) and I will create specific material based on your needs. If it is to improve your knowledge of French/Spanish/Portuguese in general, then we will focus on the acquisition of vocabulary and oral communication (touching also on the other skills)
I strive to make my lessons as dynamic and interactive as possible, as this is vital to successful language learning! I also love to incorporate French/Spanish/Portuguese Music, literature and film, so you will broader your knowledge of Francophone, Hispanic and Lusophone culture
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British), French, Portuguese, Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Nottingham (2016) - Modern Languages Studies (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Anglo European School, Ingatestone, Essex (2012) - A Level (School) (✘ Not On File)
- Anglo European School, Ingatestone (2012) - GCSE (School) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||9|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Unpublished feedback: (usually negative)||1|
Thank you for choosing me to help you with French, and I'm really glad to hear that you've been finding our sessions useful. Bon courage!