Information About Colin - Forest Hill tutor - (3 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Colin:
Media / Communication Studies
You're looking for an experienced tutor who offers something extra special… My name's Colin, I've been offering successful tuition for 15 years.
As one of my students, you won't just get the grades. I will boost your confidence and you'll learn to love your subject.
An A Level student texted me after his re-sit exam, to say:
"I'd just like to say cheers for all the help. I know I wasn't the best student when we started, but I wouldn't be going into this exam with any degree of confidence if it weren't for you"
… and he got an A.
I am a qualified teacher specialising in learning support. Providing high quality private tuition with consistently excellent results, I take a small number of students each year at usually at GCSE or A Level - for one-to-one support in English Literature, English Language, or Media Studies.
Recent outcomes for students:
- In 2018, my A Level English Literature student said that her teachers had lost faith in her and that she was on course for a U. In the end, she got a B
- In 2017, I had just one student who in September 2016 said he "hated English". In August 2017, he got a 7 for Literature and a 6 for language in his GCSEs. His Mum said, "I know it was painful at first, but you definitely made a difference."
In previous years:
- One AS Level English Literature re-sit from Fail to B
- Two AS Literature: both achieved Grade A
- One A2 Literature re-sit: from fail to Grade B
- Two GCSE Language and Literature: 3 Grade As and 1 B
- Two A2 Media Studies: both Grade A
- One A Level Media resit from fail to A
Happy to provide references from past students and their families.
My solution focussed approach complements thorough curriculum knowledge and excellent teaching practice.
My tuition methods are reinforced by my experience as a tutor, trainer, supervisor, mentor for young people, and a coach for adult learners.
I am committed to continuous assessment, ongoing feedback to students, parents/carers, varied, relevant homework and a unshakeable belief that my students will achieve.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Westminster (2015) - CTTLS (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- Leeds University (2004) - Cultural Studies (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Liverpool (2001) - English Language and Literature (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||3|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
Well done Jacob