I am a very experienced personal tutor and lecturer with over 12 years experience in Sixth Form, Further Education and University with a specific focus on Law (Criminal, Tort and Contract) and English.
In June 2018 I completed three semesters as an Associate Tutor at The University of Surrey, School of Law, lecturing and conducting seminars in Tort and Contract and achieved an Module Evaluation Questionnaire (MEQ) feedback score for Contract and Tort law of 4.8 out of 5.
I am highly motivated and personable and consistently deliver high quality outcomes in partnership with my students.
Lucy is an experienced lecturer and tutor and holds a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (Post Compulsory) and has completed both the Legal Practice Course and Common Professional Examination at the University of Law in Guildford and a training contract in London. My first degree is in English and following my PGCE taught at Guildford and Cornwall College of Further Education including 'Access Courses' for the University of Plymouth and most recently The School of Law at Surrey University.
In 2007 I established a private tuition service providing a range of tutoring and support services for both Law and English A2, Graduate and post-graduates covering Guildford and the immediate area.
Examples of client assignments include:
• 18+ English and study skills support
• GCSE, AS, A2 and undergraduate English Literature
• Supporting undergraduates and OU students running workshops on specific topics.
• Coaching and mentoring mature post graduate students
• Tutored A2 law students and degree level undergraduates.
• Directly supported an Italian and French solicitor practicing in the local area.
• Coached and mentored mature postgraduate students.
The aim of the initial meeting is to review academic needs, willingness to learn and to mutually decide whether we can work together. This is a two way process and to be truly effective BOTH have to be comfortable working together. During the course of the initial meeting the following information is required. This allows the tailoring of a teaching approach that ensures the most effective and efficient service. N.B Please allow approximately 1 hour.
Understanding your needs:
* What are you currently studying? * What Examination Board(s)? * What specific areas are you experiencing difficulty with and/or require support? * What examples of work, assignments and feedback comments do you have available for review? * When are your examinations, course work deadlines and other key dates that I need to be aware of? * Are there any personal issues that are adversely affecting your studies? * What do you seek to achieve, what are your aspirations, what constitutes success to you?
Planning together to achieve your goals:
* Gather any additional information that will be helpful in gaining a complete understanding of your needs * Develop and agree jointly a scheme of work tailored to your individual needs * Identify and agree evaluation dates * Agree dates for tutorials and confirm fee rates and travel expenses * Confirm actions required to be completed prior to our first tutorial
|Availability||Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|University of Greenwich||2005||PGCE||PGCE, University of Greenwich, 2005|
|College of Law Guildford||1996||Professional||Legal Practice Course|
|College of Law Guilford||1995||Professional||CPE|
|University of Ulster||1994||Bachelors||BA (Hons) English 1st Class, University of Ulster, 1994|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||1|