Information About Lucy - Cranleigh tutor - (10 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Lucy:
Claire is an experienced Personal Tutor and English teacher who has successfully developed and delivered Key Skills Communication, A, AS, and GCSE Levels including study support for Level 4 Open University students. In addition, she has years experience as a WJEC and AQA Examiner for higher tier GCSE English.
At Cornwall College, between 2008 - 2013, Claire taught 4 Law units on the Business Access Programme and successfully delivered 4 modules on the Business Degree course in partnership with Plymouth University.
From 2013 to date Claire has focused on private one to one tutoring.
Claire has thoroughly enjoyed working, 3 semesters 2017-18, as an Associate Tutor in The School of Law, Surrey University.
In summary, Claire is a first class English graduate and has successfully taught a wide spectrum of qualifications from SATs, GCSEs, A’ levels and Degree Level. She is passionate about the subject, well organised, conscientious and an enthusiastic teacher who consistently delivers.
• Proven track record in teaching GCSE English and A level: single Literature, Language & Literature and single Language.
• Personal Tutor, able to develop and deliver ILPs and SMART targets.
• Delivery of 1st and 2nd Year Tort Modules at Surrey University.
Experienced in developing and delivering modules on various branches of Law and the legal system for Access and Degree level.
The aim of the initial meeting is to review academic needs, willingness to learn and to mutually decide whether we can work together. This is a two way process and to be truly effective BOTH have to be comfortable working together. During the course of the initial meeting the following information is required. This allows the tailoring of a teaching approach that ensures the most effective and efficient service. N.B Please allow approximately 1 hour.
Understanding your needs:
* What are you currently studying?
* What Examination Board(s)?
* What specific areas are you experiencing difficulty with and/or require support?
* What examples of work, assignments and feedback comments do you have available for review?
* When are your examinations, course work deadlines and other key dates that I need to be aware of?
* Are there any personal issues that are adversely affecting your studies?
* What do you seek to achieve, what are your aspirations, what constitutes success to you?
Planning together to achieve your goals:
* Gather any additional information that will be helpful in gaining a complete understanding of your needs
* Develop and agree jointly a scheme of work tailored to your individual needs
* Identify and agree evaluation dates
* Agree dates for tutorials and confirm fee rates and travel expenses
* Confirm actions required to be completed prior to our first tutorial
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Greenwich (2005) - PGCE, University of Greenwich, 2005 (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- College of Law Guildford (1996) - Legal Practice Course (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- College of Law Guilford (1995) - CPE (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Ulster (1994) - BA (Hons) English 1st Class, University of Ulster, 1994 (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||10|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Unpublished feedback: (usually negative)||1|
Sent this to your email address but maybe you've not received it and I can no longer get to you through First Tutors website - so this is not really feed back - but an effort to get in contact with you as I know you are sailing - in response to your time suggestion
For some reason I can’t get a message to you through the tutor website - or maybe that’s how it works once we have agreed to work together
Saturday 10th - might be better around 5pm - would that work for you? - I’m out 9.30am until 4pm so probably home by 4.30pm -- alternatively Sunday afternoon might work any time after 3pm if that’s better for you?
How far do you live from Looe? Would you be available to come to Looe for lessons?