Information About Christopher - Greenwich tutor - (5 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Christopher:
Christopher offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
History Of Art
I am a graduate of Cambridge University and have been working as a tutor for the past 2 years. As well as developing a wealth of experience, I have absolutely loved every minute of it. I`ve always loved working with other people in whatever I do, whether its in sport (rugby union), music or acting (my biggest side passion). I find it endlessly challenging and entertaining to understand and work with others` perspectives.
I grew up in south-west London, in Twickenham, before attending Tiffin School (Kingston-Upon-Thames) and Cambridge University, where I was awarded my BA (Hons) degree in History of Art. As well as acting, I love watching theatre and film, and find myself wittering away endless hours discussing them! Music is another of my great passions, and I listen to all genres in my spare time (in particular, I love Jazz,Classical, 70s rock, funk, disco and film soundtracks). I am also an enthusiastic (though incompetent) cook.
- Almost 2 years` tutoring experience, including students with SEN requirements and challenging behaviour. Teaching a very broad range of subjects, at almost all stages of education (KS1 to undergraduate level inclusive) including entrance examination/university interview preparation. Details below.
- Experience also includes some adult learners.
Tutoring experience highlights:
- A-level history of art student who had to retake her AS exam after failing. She recently passed with a B and achieved 94% on one of her papers.
- A-level history of student recently accepted into the Courtauld Institute, the highest rated history of art university in the country.
- GCSE English Language student who was retaking his exam for the third time. After a sports accident, he had suffered a brain bleed with left him with severe short term memory loss. After improved performance in his coursework he was moved up to take the higher tier paper and has passed.
- GCSE English Language and Literature student with dyslexia achieving a 4 and a 5 in his mocks, respectively. Recently passed with a level 8 in both subjects.
- GCSE English Language and Literature student predicted level 5 in both subjects. She recently passed with an A* in both.
- GCSE history student predicted a C. Recently passed with an A.
- GCSE English Language and Literature student predicted a B in both subjects. Recently achieved a 7 and a 6, respectively.
- GCSE English Language and Literature student predicted a C in both. Passed with an A in both.
- Planning, executing and leading drama/English language educational workshops in both Japan and the UK.
- Co-ordinating with and supporting prospective university candidates in application preparation and integration.
Fundamentally my approach is rooted in understanding and making use of the unique perspective of each student. This has been one of the most unexpected and engaging elements of tutoring. Thinking about a familiar problem from a unique perspective always produces surprisingly (and weirdly!) brilliant responses from each student. This is fundamentally why tutoring can be such a powerful, important force in students` lives. At its core, it builds a student`s confidence and belief in their own opinion and skill, and often leads to academic independence. It offers a unique opportunity to engage with students in a tailored, non-patronising and incredibly productive way.
I can bring enthusiasm, a comfortable learning environment and a creative re-interpretation of academic material to suit the students` individual needs. Students often can`t establish what could be improved about their work, and so I have unique methods to identify these areas and challenge students to push themselves on them. I give tasks outside of lesson hours and encourage a `little and often` approach, frequently tricking them into doing work that would have initially repulsed them! I really hope I get the chance to work with you or your family member.
Additional Languages: French
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Cambridge (2015) - History of Art (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Tiffin School (2012) - English Literature (College) (✔ On File)
- Tiffin School (2012) - History (College) (✔ On File)
- Tiffin School (2012) - Theatre Studies (College) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||5|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Unpublished feedback: (usually negative)||1|
Looking forward to seeing you next week. Is it Monday?
I can't work out how to Pay?!