Information About Ching Lun - Belfast tutor - (9 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Ching Lun:
Ching Lun offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
I am currently working at Victoria College Belfast
I worked in the Science industry for 4 years but I have found a new passion in tutoring as I feel it draws more on my abilities and I can give more back to students by helping them to do their best and to enthuse them.
English is my first language as I was born and raised in Northern Ireland but I am also fluent in Cantonese and I am good at Mandarin. This is a bonus for students and their parents who may be better at speaking Chinese than English.
My initial experience in tutoring was through completing two Tutoring in Schools programmes - offering voluntary tuition to pupils most in need.
In addition I have over three years of experience as a private tutor with students obtaining fantastic results. I am experienced in the following:
• Transfer tests: GL and AQE
• Maths Key Stage 2 & 3, GCSE, GCSE Further Maths (CCEA)
• Chemistry Key Stage 3, GCSE (CCEA & AQA)
• Physics Key Stage 3, GCSE, AS/A2 (CCEA)
It is wonderful to see students become more and more confident and enthusiastic in areas that they previously struggled with.
I am patient and considerate and I recognise that each individual learns differently. I am experienced in helping students understand difficult topics - less experienced tutors such as University students can have high grades and enthusiasm in their specialist subjects yet fail to improve student understanding.
I ensure that my students will be able to answer exam questions well and with confidence. To achieve this, I make sure that I explain things clearly so that they thoroughly understand difficult topics.
For your money, you get a tutor who:
• Has experience providing effective lessons and promises to add value
• Keeps up to date with the constantly changing curriculum to ensure that the tuition is relevant
• Makes good use of a variety of resources such as a vast collection of past papers, workbooks, innovative iPad apps and worksheets / revision notes created specifically for each student
• Is flexible, ready to adapt to each student’s needs and quick to reply to messages
• Has a track record of improving student confidence and grades
• Is highly approachable - I encourage students and parents to contact me any time for any reason
Learning that one of my students achieved a great result is a fantastic feeling every single time and it inspires me to continue working hard as a tutor.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Cantonese, Chinese, French
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Ulster (2017) - Associate Bachelor's (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- 1st 4 Sport (2016) - Coaching Qualification (Other) (✔ On File)
- University of Ulster (2007) - 2:2 (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
Ching Lun's Feedback
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||9|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
I have seen good improvement since first started and that she's getting more confidence in her maths!