Information About Charlotte - Ipswich tutor - (2 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Charlotte:
I am a bubbly, confident graduate with a 2:2 in Education Studies. I have previous experience of working in primary schools and working with adults.
I am currently working full time for a company that deals with unemployed clients in Suffolk. Prior to this, I worked full time for an adult learning provider as Lead Tutor.
My hobbies are:
- watching television,
- listening to music and
- reading books in a variety of genres such as "chick literature" and "historical fiction."
My current tutoring client is a student who wishes to further her understanding of Year 5 Mathematics.
My previous tutoring clients were:
- a PhD student based in Derby learning English.
- a PhD student based in Nottingham learning English.
- a Y5 child based in Nottingham learning English.
- a Y3 child, a Y5 child and a Y9 child learning English and Mathematics.
- A graduate with the purpose of passing the First Certificate in English exam.
- A GCSE student studying English, Maths, Science, History and Sociology.
- A GCSE student studying Maths.
- a GCSE student studying Maths.
Previous teaching experience
Throughout each university year, I have taught on ad hoc teacher training placements at:
- Glebe Junior School, Derbyshire (Year 3 class during October 2005 - April 2006).
- Breadsall Hill Top Infants School, Derbyshire (Year 1 class during October 2006 - April 2007).
- Horsley Woodhouse Primary School, Derbyshire (Year 5/6 during October 2007 - February 2008).
- the King R.C Primary School, Derbyshire (Year 5 during October 2008 - February 2009).
I have completed other activities at local primary schools including:
- Markeaton Primary School, Derbyshire (Circus Skill activities in Key Stage Two and an university assignment based on how resources aid visually impaired children in the classroom in all Key Stages).
- Mickleover Primary School, Derbyshire (Circus Skill activities in Key Stage Two).
- Ashgate Primary School, Derbyshire (Circus Skill Activities in Key Stage One).
My paid experience involves:
- Working at the **Contact Detail Removed** centre in Mickleover, Derbyshire with children aged five to sixteen years.
- The b-active play scheme at Springwood Leisure Centre, Derbyshire with children aged five to fifteen years.
The first session is free and held for consultation purposes with the parents and child (where possible) to discuss the purpose of the child's tutoring. A friendly yet informative tutoring session is held for one hour based on the parent's purpose and to assess the child's needs.
I use the National Curriculum and the Primary National Strategies to plan lessons and its content including open questions and a practical approach to extend learning. I answer their questions based on school work and teach them new strategies of how to complete activities.
With a positive attitude and lots of praise, the child becomes comfortable with the tutoring approach.
I can either tutor at the pupil's house or in a public area such as a **Contact Detail Removed** or a cafe.
Availability: Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Derby College (2010) - Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (College) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Derby (2010) - Education Studies (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Gateway College (2003) - AVCE Health and Social Care (Double Award) (College) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||2|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
It has been a pleasure teaching your daughter and helping her with her maths needs.