Information About Catherine - Fulham tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Catherine:
I'm currently a 5th year medical student at Imperial College London. As well as a strong academic record I have a passion for the sciences that I'm keen to share with others.
In chronological order my academic achievements to date include:
GCSE : 11 A*'s and 2 A's
A Level: A* A B in Biology, Maths and Chemistry
BSc: Neuroscience and Mental Health (2:1)
I have 2 years of weekly teaching experience thanks to my role as an Army Cadet Force Volunteer. As adult volunteers we're responsible for taking the cadets through a wide syllabus of subjects at different levels as they progress through their cadet career (12-18yrs). In order to deliver this training we are required to undergo professional training and assessment of our own instructional technique. I teach 4 lessons a week on average and each of these require a formal lesson plan. The structure of cadet evenings roughly follows the school academic year so I am used to reviewing a cadets progress to ensure they're meeting their targets and assessing ways I can change my teaching practice in order to cater to individual cadet needs. I also have an awareness of how to structure a teaching programme so that highlighted learning objectives can be achieved within a required time frame.
My role as an employed peer mentor gave me experience in teaching and coaching peers with disabilities through tasks in the workplace.
As a medical student I'm regularly given the opportunity to present to classmates on specific topics, we're also required to provide evidence of having taught younger members of the medical school.
- Initial discussion about what you'd like from the tutoring sessions and a plan +/ timeframe going forward
- Structured teaching sessions on desired/more difficult topics to add to any content provided in school
- Regular testing of understanding
- Support with exam technique
- Past paper practice and time spent explaining any questions answered incorrectly/struggled with
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Imperial College London (2017) - 2:1 Neuroscience and Mental Health (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Treorchy Comprehensive School (2013) - A Levels (A* A A B) (School) (✘ Not On File)
- Treorchy Comprehensive School (2011) - GCSE (11A* 2A) (School) (✘ Not On File)