Information About Carys - West Molesey tutor - (3 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Carys:
English (Foreign Language)
Philosophy / Critical Thinking
- I teach in Year 2 at a prestigious prep school in Wimbledon.
- I have just completed for a Masters in English Literature, with a focus on Shakespeare.
- I was awarded a First class Bachelors degree from the University of Manchester.
- I am an experienced primary school teacher, with four years of classroom experience in Good and Outstanding OFSTED-rated schools.
- I am a reliable, warm, and dedicated tutor.
- I have a great success rate with GCSE and primary school aged tutees.
- I have good knowledge of the National Curriculum for KS1 and KS2 (Year 2 and Year 6 SATS) and of the new GCSE curriculum.
-I pride myself of building up good relationships with my students to help them succeed.
- I am passionate about teaching and learning.
- I deliver uniquely tailored, fun and engaging tutorial sessions to help my students achieve their full potential.
**I currently have weekend and weekday availability, so get in touch and we can find a time that works!**
My experience as a primary school teacher has given me a thorough understanding of the new National Curriculum in Key Stage One and Two.
I combine a professional knowledge of Phonics and SPaG teaching with a passion for storytelling and development of communication and language skills.
I have great experience teaching learners for whom English is an additional language, and my tutoring practice reflects this.
As a postgraduate student with a First class Bachelors degree from a Russell Group university, I am also confident in tutoring essay-based subjects at GCSE and A-level.
Depending on the needs of the learner, we would generally work on the skills of building and evaluating and argument, using sources and examples to illustrate a point, writing to a time or word limit, and pursuing new lines of enquiry on a subject. I also help students to develop good study and revision skills, and help them with organisation and motivation.
I recently completed 140 hours of teaching English as an Additional Language through conversation sessions and specially designed activities, at Angloville summer programs across Europe. I supported students of all ages to develop confidence and fluency when speaking English, and helped them to improve their listening and understanding skills.
I know that going to a tutor after a long day of school is often the last thing that children and teenagers feel like doing, so I aim to make my sessions as engaging and stimulating as possible.
At primary school level, this means using games and interactive methods to help my tutees understand key concepts and apply them in new ways.
With older learners I use discussion, debate and visual mind-mapping techniques to help pupils feel confident and enthusiastic about the subject they are studying.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Portuguese, Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- UCL Institute of Education (2015) - Primary Education (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- University of Manchester (2014) - First Class degree in English Literature (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Tiffin Girls' School (2010) - A* in English Literature, A in Theatre Studies (College) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||3|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|