Information About Carlos - Kidlington tutor - (9 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Carlos:
Carlos offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
My name is Carlos, 27 years old and I am a passionate of teaching which is not only a professional target for me but also a real vocation. This vocation can be proved by my large experience background. Since I was 17 years old I started out working as a private tutor of Modern Languages, Maths, Science… to secondary students. While I was studying my degree I kept working as tutor and I was employed for several months in two Academies of Paris, where I taught Maths, Spanish and English at university and secondary level, with brilliant results. In July 2011, I have completed my Degree in Mathematics from Valladolid University. During my lasts two years of studies, I obtained qualifications in Modern Languages (English and French) at Official College of Modern Languages of Spain. In 2012 I have been doing continuous professional development at the high school where I was employed as well as studying on line the TESOL certificate (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Furthermore, I am carrying on with my studies in Maths at Brunel University studying a PhD in partial differential equations, functional analysis and numerical methods for which I have been awarded a studentship from the School of Mathematics and Computer Science of this university.
To conclude, I consider myself as a responsible person committed to his work and objectives, sociable, willing to work with students and looking forwards to giving his best.
Please find a brief summary of my teaching-tutoring experience:
• Private tutor with First Tutors 09/2011-today
. Assistant lecturer at Brunel University 10/2012 - 08/2015
. Maths tutor at the University of Reading 11/2013 -08/2015
. Form tutor and teaching assistant of year 7 and 8 at Rosedale College, Hayes. 11/2011-08/2012
• Volunteer teaching assistant at Newbury College. 10/2011-11/2011
• Adrados(Spanish private tutors´agency) Mathematics tutor for university level 07/2010-08/2010
• Domicours (French private tutors´academy): tutor of English and Spanish 11/2009-05/2010
• Société Premier de la classe (French private tutors´academy) Mathematics tutor 01/2010-05/2010
• Private Mathematics tutor, university level in Spain. 2009-2010
• Private Spanish tutor for foreign students in Spain. 2009-2010
• Private tutor of foreign languages, Spanish, Mathematics and Sciences in Spain. 2006-2009
I believe in a personalised tutoring for each student. My first target is finding where the weak points and main difficulties are, in order to find an easier and secure way to learn with the help of a wide range of learning techniques such as summarising, highlighting.
Regarding my approach to teach Maths, I think it is extremely important to learn and understand the main mathematical concepts and definitions, followed by splitting exercises into several steps to make things easier to understand.
Additional Languages: English (British), French
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Brunel University London (2017) - Mathematics (Doctorate) (✔ On File)
- Oxford Brookes University (2016) - Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- Open University of Spain (2014) - Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Statistics (Other) (✔ On File)
- University of Valladolid (2011) - Mathematics (Masters) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||9|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|