Information About Cara - Nottingham tutor - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Cara:
Media / Communication Studies
Tutor: English & Literacy Skills/Dyslexia
I have tutored many students over the past 12 years. I also have 13 years of experience as a Secondary English teacher and 12 years as a senior GCSE examiner for a major exam board (English Literature and Language).
I specialise in tutoring students with dyslexia.
Limited slots available from September 2018 - particularly in Hucknall, Sutton in Ashfield, Nuthall and surrounding areas
If I have previously tutored your son or daughter at KS3, the KS4 rate remains at £30 an hour (reduced from £35).
Tuition during the school day (e.g. home schooled students or college students) is £30 per hour for all key stages.
Experience: Current students:
1. Student tutored for GCSE resits in year 12
2. Student tutored in year 11 to help him move from a grade 5 to a 7/8
Feedback from past students and/or their parents:
" Thank you so much for all your patient help and guidance. It has been a pleasure for our daughter all these years."
"Thank you for all you have done for me. It has made an enormous difference to my English, improving with every lesson."
"If it wasn`t for you I wouldn`t have had the confidence and skill to perform as I have in these exams."
Some of my previous students and their stories:
1. Dyslexic student tutored from year 6 - year 11. Developing her skills in reading and writing and working on specific school tasks. She achieved grade 4s in both English Language and Literature and went on to be accepted to study A Levels.
2. Student tutored from year 6-year 11. Preparation for Nottingham High School and to support him in achieving a level 5 in KS2 SATs reading and writing. Ongoing support with English skills. He achieved A grades in both English Language and Literature.
3. Student tutored in year 10 and again in year 11 to boost her confidence in English. She achieved a C grade in English Literature in year 10 and a B grade in English Language in year 11. She went on to study A Levels.
4. Dyslexic student tutored from year 7-year 11. She achieved B grades in both English Literature and English Language and was accepted into one of Nottingham`s best colleges to study A Levels.
5. Dyslexic student tutored in year 11. Exam preparation to help him move from a D grade to a C grade in his English GCSE. He was having difficulties at school and was finding it very difficult to engage. He achieved a C and this meant he got into college.
6. Year 11 student exam preparation to help with timing issues that meant he got a U in his mock exams. He achieved C grades in English Language and English Literature and was accepted to study A Levels.
7. Student tutored from year 8-year 11. Helping him to achieve his full potential in reading and writing. He achieved an A in English Literature, a B in English Language and went on to study A Levels and then an Economics Degree at University.
8. Dyslexic student tutored from year 5-year 6. Working with him on writing skills and spelling strategies and helping him feel ready for secondary school.
9. Dyslexic student tutored from year 6. Working with him on reading and writing skills, particularly structuring sentences and coping with long writing tasks.
10. Dyslexic student tutored from year 9 - year 11. Working on spelling strategies and building confidence with reading and writing tasks. She achieved a B grade in English Language and a C grade in English Literature
11. Brother and sister tutored from years 7-11. Tutoring in English skills both in general and to prepare for exams. Both achieved C grades in English Language and Literature.
12. Student tutored from year 6-year 7. Entrance exam tuition (Nottingham High School) and preparation for secondary school. On-going tuition in reading, writing and speaking skills. He passed the entrance exam.
I am enthusiastic about 1-1 tutoring and enjoy seeing students make progress in both their skills and their confidence. I provide personalised lessons tailored to your child`s needs and requirements. As well as examining GCSE, I have an in-depth knowledge of various different exam boards` GCSE specifications. I usually work in students` homes, but sessions can be held in my home in NG15 if this is more suitable. Testimonials from current and previous students are available on request.
Tutoring raises students` self-esteem and confidence. Because it is tailored to their individual needs, tutoring enables students to progress in the areas they need to work on and to recognise their strengths in English. As a parent, this small financial commitment can make a huge difference to your child`s academic achievement and therefore their future.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Nottingham (2006) - English (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- University of London, Goldsmiths College (2005) - Media and Communications (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||1|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|