The price and hours can be negotiated so please contact me to discuss options. First lesson 50% discount.
Hi, my name is Bridie and I would love to be your tutor. I am outgoing, approachable, friendly, flexible, and punctual and have a good sense of humour. I can offer fun and enthusiastic sessions that are tailored to suit your learning needs. I have a first class honours masters degree in chemistry and I am very passionate about science. I can help you to feel comfortable with difficult topics and build up your confidence to answer those longer questions you would often panic about. I want to remove this panic from you onto me and help you with your study skills and most importantly, improve your grade. So please pick me and we can work together for you to achieve your goals.
I am an outstanding practitioner and I have been teaching for 3 years, 1 year unqualified. During this time I have taught A-level chemistry, GCSE science and BTEC applied science level 3. I have taught in secondary schools and colleges where I have run extra sessions during breaks, afterschool and during the holidays. This involves group sessions to tackle difficult topic concepts and 1-to-1 appointments to develop exam technique, giving a clearer picture of individual needs. This has really helped to achieve results. Alongside teaching, I have been a science technician which has enabled me to possess a wider knowledge of the practical activities. A strong practical knowledge is crucial for the new A-level specifications.
I have been a personal tutor for 1 year and I have a 100% pass rate and have boosted students grades from a D to a B grade and a C to an A grade, as examples of my progress.
As your tutor I will ensure:
• A calm and supportive environment in which to learn.
• You will feel comfortable with learning
• I am approachable so no need to feel nervous.
• You are not confronted but instead helped to understand the topic.
• High level of respect.
• Strong subject knowledge.
• I give constructive feedback.
• Assess the starting point of your learning using a red, amber, green system of a topic checklist.
• A cooperative approach to learning-we will work together to solve a problem.
• Marking of questions answered with a grade so that you have instant feedback, which is then compared to your target grade.
• I give praise and non-forceful encouragement to build your confidence.
• It is ok to make mistakes, you only learn from them and feel comfortable to question a topic idea.
• You will develop to be in control of your own learning.
I have access to many resources such as full notes, revision notes, revision checklists, video tutorials, good website links, topic-based questions, exam papers with mark schemes and examiners reports, stretch and challenge questions, quizzes and multiple-choice questions. All resources will be suited to your individual needs.
Thank you for reading my information and I hope you will consider me to be your tutor.
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (evenings)|
|References Available||On File|
|University of Hertfordshire||2014||PGCE||Outstanding|
|Nottingham Trent University||2012||Masters||MChem Chemistry, 1st class honours|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|