Information About Benjamin - Fulham tutor - (2 reviews)
This is how 4 referees rated Benjamin:
MMus Guildhall student. University of Bristol graduate. Over 200 hours of teaching experience.
I am a flautist, recorder player and drummer.
I am studying for an MMus in Historical Performance on recorder at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, generously supported by the Michael James Musical Trust, a Derek Butler award from the Countess of Munster Musical Trust, and a scholarship award from the Guildhall School. My principal teacher is Professor Ian Wilson.
I play the flute and piccolo to diploma level, and drum kit to post-grade 8 level. I have performed in symphony orchestras for several years (including the National Children's Orchestra of Great Britain and the University of Bristol Symphony Orchestra), as well as in wind bands, Baroque orchestras and consorts, Irish folk bands, rock and jazz bands.
I have recently graduated with a BA (hons) degree in Music from the University of Bristol, where I specialised in musicology as well as performance.
I have two professional performance diplomas, and an A* in OCR A level Music.
My past teachers have included Rebecca Prosser, John Bence, Liz May, Joanna Kirkwood and Karen Hardy. I have participated in masterclasses with Robert Ehrlich, Karel van Steenhoven, Annabel Knight, Katherine Bryan and Claire Overbury.
I have an up to date DBS certificate and have also completed the NSPCC Child Protection Awareness in Music training course.
Available for recorder, flute and drum kit lessons, preparation for theory exams, and GCSE and A Level music tutoring
- I have had teaching practises in Swindon, Bristol, Leicester and London (August 2011-present)
while at school;
- Prior Weston Primary School small group workshop teaching in the City of London (January 2017-present)
- Visiting Music Teacher for Wandsworth Schools' Music (January 2017-present).
- A Level Music revision class for my peers
I regularly take part in youth and kids work: I have worked on the Social Staff for the National Children's Orchestra of Great Britain three times and also have lead on CPAS youth camps since 2014. From 2015-16 I was an after-school child carer for two children aged 5 and 7.
I have an NSPCC Child Awareness in Music certificate, and am fully DBS checked.
Tutoring provided for music theory, GCSE and A Level Music, Primary English and Comprehension.
Composition, pastiche composition (e.g. Bach chorales and Haydn string quartets), music history, aural and analysis.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama (2017) - MMus Historical Performance (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Bristol (2016) - BA (hons) in Music - 69.2 (high 2.1) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (2015) - DipABRSM Performance diploma (flute) (Professional) (✔ On File)
- Trinity College London (2013) - ATCL - Associate of Trinity College London Performance diploma - with Distinction (recorders) (Professional) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||2|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|