Information About Barnaby - Peckham tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Barnaby:
I am a 3rd year medical student with a first class honours degree in biomedical sciences.
I am extremely proficient in biology with a detailed knowledge of the biochemistry and physiology of the body in homeostasis and disease.
I can also help with medical school applications including general advice, personal statement reviews and work/life objectives to maximise your chance of receiving an offer.
- I have taught biology to **Contact Detail Removed** in Nepal.
- I have taught anatomy and thorax physiology to paramedics through training courses at Kings College London.
- I taught fellow students in lower years complex anatomical regions and the associated pathologies that can occur.
- I explain biological processes of health and disease to patients everyday.
- Most importantly, I have taught family friends children GCSE biology for years.
- I act as a facilitator rather than a spoon feeder.
- I like to start the session by reviewing what students find the most challenging.
- I then further challenge them with key questions around the topic to try and allow them to appreciate their understanding and allow them to use their own logic to work out problems.
- I will move outside of the syllabus to help students gain a fuller understanding of certain topics as I feel this imparts greater memorability to facts and figures that might otherwise seem quite dry.
- I will occasionally set a small amount of homework as re- visitation of knowledge is extremely important in long term memory.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Kings College London (2020) - MBBS (Bachelors) (in progress)
- Newcastle University (2015) - BSc 1st class honours (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)