Information About Arjun - Loughborough tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Arjun:
Arjun offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
I am a polite, patient and friendly DBS-certified recent Masters-level Mathematics graduate from the University of Cambridge, with a passion for teaching. I will be applying for PhDs starting in October 2019.
Being a recent graduate means I not only have all the academic understanding and knowledge required to be a fantastic and thorough tutor, but I can also sympathise with my tutees about the quirks and difficulties of educational mathematics and tailor the experience to make sure they reach their full potential. I will also motivate my tutees study of mathematics and demonstrate how it is both a beautiful subject in its own right and an invaluable tool in the real world.
The courses I offer tuition in are:
- GCSE and A-Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics
- STEP, MAT and AEA
- Some University-level courses (Please check with me.)
Outside of my studies, I enjoy playing sport (I represented my school and university college in badminton), cooking, reading novels/book series and playing video games. For student home tutoring, my main form of transport will be bicycle although I may ask for a small travel allowance for public transport if I need it.
Please contact me if you have any questions - I look forward to hearing from you!
I am a supervisor at the University of Cambridge for the first year Mathematics course IA Groups.
I have tutored a few pupils in their A-Level studies in Mathematics, who have gone on to further studies at some of the top universities in the UK.
At Cambridge, I regularly attended and contributed to sessions aimed to help lower year (typically first years) with their work. In general, explaining concepts and results, both in the interest of learning and purely recreationally, was a large and integral aspect of my studies at university.
During secondary school, I regularly attended 'Maths Surgery', which involved helping other pupils (of all years) with mathematics during their lunch break.
I believe (and have witnessed!) that everybody learns differently, and effective teaching comes from incorporating these differences; so, I will provide an environment for learning that is completely malleable to my tutees' needs. Fundamentally though, mathematics requires both an understanding of a topic and sufficient practice, so each session will split the time between these two.
I will use the first session to evaluate how best to proceed with tuition. I encourage my tutees to steer each session towards their needs (and interests) - for example, particular difficulties with one topic or more detailed explanations and applications of another - which will not only ensure that they maximise the efficiency of their learning but also will build their own confidence in their abilities.
- At Cambridge, I studied mainly analysis: real, complex, functional, measure theoretic and partial differential equations (PDEs); I will be applying for PhDs in analysis of PDEs. I also studied algebra (groups, rings, modules and linear algebra), general/point-set topology and elementary number theory. I am currently studying differential geometry (including the classical topics).
- For the most part, I can tutor any first- and second-year university pure mathematics course - I will require a brief look at content before I commit to tutoring however.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Cambridge (2018) - MMath (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Cambridge (2018) - BA (Hons) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Loughborough Grammar School (2014) - A-Level's (School) (✘ Not On File)
- Loughborough Grammar School (2012) - GCSE's (School) (✘ Not On File)