Information About Antonietta - St. Ives tutor
This is how 4 referees rated Antonietta:
Antonietta offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
English (Foreign Language)
- I am an enthusiastic, qualified and experienced teacher for adults, from beginner's to native speaker's level.
- I trained as a professional linguist and work as a teacher, translator and conference interpreter with Italian, English and Mandarin Chinese.
- My life experiences in 4 countries over 3 continents have made me a cosmopolitan individual with a long-standing passion for learning languages and exploring cultures.
- I have 20 years' experience teaching Italian, English and Mandarin Chinese to adults in Italy, Nigeria, China and UK.
- I am a confident user of the Central European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) in preparing students for relevant exams.
- I have 5 years' experience as course developer, teacher and examiner for Language A, B and Ab initio within the IB Diploma Programme.
- I work around my students' needs and I adapt my teaching to their aims, levels and skills.
- I believe in the importance of strong intercultural understanding alongside solid teaching abilities.
- I consider language learning/teaching not just as a practical objective but also as a unique human experience.
PLEASE NOTE: My fees are per hour, not per person. This means that if you find one or more other people willing to attend class with you, you can share the hourly fee with them!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Chinese, English (British)
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- International Baccalaureate (2013) - IBDP Language A and Ab initio (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- SOAS, University of London (2011) - MA Gender studies (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Venice, Italy (2007) - CEDILS (Italian equivalent of CELTA) (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Trieste, Italy (2002) - BA + MA in Translation and Conference Interpreting with Italian, English and Mandarin Chinese (Masters) (✘ Not On File)