Information About Amanda - Dawlish tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Amanda:
PE / Sport Science
Learning is a process that is both challenging and enjoyable. As we learn about the world around us we also need to develop the skills to articulate our emerging views on what we have learnt. These skills will be invaluable in all areas of our lives from successful achievement of educational qualifications to career progression.
I have over 20 years of teaching and coaching in a variety of subjects and have found that students can achieve given the right tools and supportive guidance.
My main areas of teaching have been in sport/exercise and health science, and academic skills.
I currently teach academic skills at degree level. Academic skills are essential for effective academic study as well as a variety of career roles. Academic skills embrace a number of areas including:
• effective writing for essays and reports,
• presentation skills for oral and written presentation of information,
• criticality for academic reading and analytical writing,
• time and study management for successful completion of courses and other responsibilities,
• effective note-taking for reading, research, lectures and meetings,
• revision and exam preparation,
• project planning for dissertations and major projects,
I previously lectured in sport and health science at GNVQ, A level, Foundation Degree and Bachelor degree levels.
Provide students with guidance and support to learn the topic. This might be accomplished through discussing theory, reviewing texts, undertaking exercises, etc. I believe it is important to try and find a way that makes sense to the student to enable them to learn effectively. Learning how to learn is an important skill that can be used throughout your life.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Leicester University (2006) - PCAP (Professional) (✔ On File)
- Sussex University (Croydon) (2002) - Post Compulsory & Adult Education (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- Eastern Washington University (2001) - Physical Education, Health & Recreation (Exercise Science) (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Brighton University (1985) - Sports Science (Bachelors) (✔ On File)