Information About Alexandra - Hampstead tutor - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Alexandra:
Alexandra offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
I`m a junior doctor at the Royal Free Hospital: more importantly, I`m an enthusiastic teacher with 4 years of tutoring experience, and a friendly disposition that makes me very approachable for younger students or those lacking confidence. My areas of expertise are chemistry and biology, which I can teach up to A-Level standard, as well as medicine to degree level, however I also teach physics to GCSE.
As well as going through the medical school selection process myself, I have coached younger students on their personal statements and given them interview practice, so I am happy to do this for any aspiring medical students. All those I have coached so far have been successful in getting places at medical school.
- 10 A star grades at GCSE in triple science, French, Geography, History and Religious Studies/Philosophy (on top of maths, English lit. and English language).
- 4 A grades at AS level in History, French, Biology and Chemistry.
- 3 A star grades at A-level in French, Biology and Chemistry.
- First class honours in Clinical Pharmacology and Translational Medicine (BSc) from King's College London.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery) from King`s College London with Distinction.
In terms of academic tutoring, I have taught over 15 A-level, GCSE and adult learners over the past 4 years. My students have universally seen an improvement in their grades, and I have received excellent feedback on my teaching. Full written references from previous tutees can be provided, please just ask!
Outside of my academic tutoring experience, I have been involved in several teaching projects, such as teaching first aid to students up to 16 years of age in a scheme called Saving Londoner`s Lives and teaching younger children of around 10 about the changes surrounding puberty (The Growing Up Project). I therefore know how to engage students of all ages.
I can tailor my teaching approach to the needs of my pupils - I understand that some students for example may prefer a more traditional approach where the concepts are explained to them, while others may benefit from problem-solving techniques. If you let me know what your personal learning style is I'll adapt to accommodate it - I'm very flexible! In general, I am a very approachable person with a knack for explaining difficult concepts.
Please note that the prices quoted on my page are non-negotiable, and that for travel to your home there will be a small supplementary fee for my travel time and costs.
Additional Languages: French
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- King's College, London (2017) - Medicine and Surgery (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- King's College, London (2014) - Clinical Pharmacology (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- King Edward's School, Bath (2011) - A-Levels (School) (✘ Not On File)
- King Edward's School, Bath (2009) - GCSEs (School) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||1|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|