Information About Alan Michael - Brampton tutor - (7 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Alan Michael:
I have been in Education all my life as a laboratory technician, teacher and lecturer in schools and colleges. I have taught chemistry at GCE "A"level, GCSE, BTEC National and adult access courses. I have also taught physics at GCSE level. I have vast experience of both academic and vocational courses. I was very successfull at teaching "A" level chemistry.
I taught at Burton technical college for over 30 years. In addition I have taught in a secondary school in Fiji and in Burton-on-Trent. I was recently a supply teacher for several schools in Derbyshire teachning GCSE Science. I have substantial experience of tuition for "A" level chemistry and GCSE Physics and Chemistry for over 5 years.
1. Establish what difficulties the tutee is having with the subject.
2. Familiarise myself with the syllabus that is used.
3. Establish what has been covered in the syllabus so far.
4. Agree with the tutee a weekly progamme to follow.
5. Explain using examples, anecdotes and questions to enable the tutee to both enjoy, understand and remember the the content of the subject.
6. Encourage the tutee to bring to the tutorials issues and difficulties they have with the subject.
7. Work through several past examination papers.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Leicester University` (1985) - M.Ed Science Education (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Trent Polytechnic (1982) - Cert in Education (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- Salford University (1976) - PhD Chemistry (Doctorate) (✘ Not On File)
- Royal Society of Chemistry (1975) - Chartered Chemist, Fellow (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
Alan Michael's Feedback
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||7|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
Thank you very much for your kind assistance.