Information About Adam - Dorking tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Adam:
Hello, I am a full-time secondary Science teacher based at a Surrey state school. I greatly enjoy teaching all Science at KS3, and then specialising in Biology and Physics at GCSE.
Although I am relatively new to teaching (3 years) I have been fully immersed in preparing students for their GCSE's from the start. Most recently I am ensuring that my triple and combined Science students are as confident as possible ready for sitting their exams from the brand new 9-1 specification.
Teaching a variety of abilities and ages of students on a daily basis has provided me with a great insight into the difficulties which certain students face in Science. In particular I have received positive feedback from my students in regard to my ability to making complex topics more accessible and memorable aiding to building student confidence and ultimately improving their exam ability.
As a teacher I like to make Science fun and relevant for students as I have learn't this greatly assists in recall and memory of syllabus areas, and I attempt to continue this theme in my tuition whenever possible.
My tuition is very much individual based.
My first session would commonly involve building an understanding of an individuals weaknesses of certain topic areas, and discovering what support they need in order to achieve their full potential.
Depending on the individual, I can offer the following assistance.
- Coaching to consolidate (or anticipate) teaching at school;
- Revision for examinations;
- Working through past examination papers;
- Teaching and testing of specific sections of the curriculum;
- Examination technique on how to answer the questions fully;
To assist with progress between sessions Homework may be set and marked.
I am happy to travel 10-15 miles away from my Dorking location in the surrounding area in Surrey and West Sussex, including Horsham, Reigate, Leatherhead and Godalming. If teaching outside of these areas, I may agree an additional charge for travel.
Weekday evening are preferable, however certain times at weekends are possible subject to discussion.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Roehampton (2016) - PGCE Secondary Science specialism (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- University of Roehampton (2012) - Bsc Zoology (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- St Bedes School (2010) - 3 A Levels in Biology, Physics and Maths (School) (✘ Not On File)
- St Bedes School (2008) - 10 GCSE's - 1 A* (Maths), 5 A's (Science, Science, It, Geography, RE), 4B's (English Lit, English Language, History, French). (School) (✘ Not On File)