Information About Wallis - Streatham teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Wallis:
Wallis hails from Ireland and has been in London for six years. She has a Bachelor of Music (1st Class Honours) from University College Dublin, as well as an MA in Performance (Distinction) from Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts.
As a teenager in Ireland, Wallis was a regular performer on national television and a finalist in Ireland's Got Talent for singing. She then went on to train to be a professional performer at one of the top performance colleges in the UK. Wallis was the Musical Director at Kinglsey Pines Camp in Maine, USA, where she was head teacher and pianist for the performing arts department, working with children aged 8-16 years old.
As a performer, her credits include Deb in Ordinary Days (SoHo Theatre) and Anne in Anne of Green Gables (Unicorn Theatre).
2013 - Present
Private Tutor (100% Royal Irish Academy of Music exams pass rate record)
• Audition Preparation
Choral Director, UCD Music Society
• Making arrangements of songs suitable to the vocal needs of the group
• Leading rehearsals and teaching vocals and harmonies
• Encouraging soloists and giving one-to-one vocal advice
• Conducting the choir at events
Vocal Coach, UCD Musical Society
• Vocal Coach on The Producers Musical
• Teaching a group of adults, as well on an individual level, harmonies and rhythms
• Conducting the orchestra at the performances
Musical Director, Kinglsey Pines Camp
• Provided the piano accompaniment for 3 full-scale musicals
• Taught children on a one-to-one basis singing, piano and acting
I've been training young people in a group and one-to-one setting for over seven years. I've done private tutorship for beginners and that is where most of my teaching efforts and experiences have been.
I have also worked with adults at University level, prepping for assignments and practical exams.
As a drama tutor, I have prepped students for exams and also assisted with choosing and souring material for entrance exams and auditions.
My approach to teaching is simple; I encourage a love of the subject through showcasing my own.
I strive to bring enjoyment of music to every student- be it piano, singing or drama. The world's top performers got to be where they are not by their sheer talent, but by their passion and love of what they do. That's what I'm about- getting students to a place where practice and determination is part of their passion.
I have a fully enhanced DBS.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts (2016) - Performance (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- University College Dublin (2015) - Bachelor of Music (1.1) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)