Information About Virginie - Leicester teacher - (5 reviews)
This is how 7 referees rated Virginie:
My name is Virginie, I am living in Leicester (UK). I love teaching and learning and communicate my passion for creative practices.
I am currently a researcher in Music technology at De Montfort University and a former lecturer in the Music, Technology and Innovation Centre of De Montfort University. I am also a visual artist, my practice focuses on photography, electroacoustic music, sound art and audiovisual instalIation.
I am an expert in :
• Electroacoustic techniques : recording, edition, mixing
• Comprehensive knowledge of sound design and spatialisation software : ProTools, Reaper, Max/msp, Audacity
• Electroacoustic composition (stereo, multichannel), sound design and audiovisual composition
• Sound spatialisation (Max/msp, Zirkonium)
• Sound arts (installation, interactivity)
2015 – 2016
Part-time lecturer, Module: Sound in Space, DMU, Leicester (UK)
My role was to teach and assess students (Bachelor Year 2) :
- Spatialisation techniques for the performance of electroacoustic music on a multichannel system (acousmonium)
- analysis of electroacoustic music
- design of graphic scores
Skills developed : time management, preparation and structure of each class, knowledge of the electroacoustic repertoire, individual support and guidance, team-working, assessment.
Teaching assistant, MAC’s Le Grand Hornu ( Contemporary Arts Centre) , Hornu (Belgium)
Teaching assistant, Wiels Contemporary Art Centre, Brussels (Belgium)
Teaching assistant, Cultural Centre of Evere, Bussels (Belgium)
Tasks in these three positions of teaching assistant :
- I elaborated various types workshops, alternatively based on painting, drawing, photography, sound soundscape, 2D animation and initiation to electroacoustic techniques (recording, editing) using Audacity.
- Series of 5 days-workshops running during holidays
- Groups of children (4 to 5 years-old, 8 to 10 years-old, 12 to 15 years-old and 16 to 18 years-old)
Skills developed : time management, team-working, creativity, preparation and structuration of each workshop, teaching 2D animation techniques, electroacoustic techniques, visual arts techniques, flexibility, patience, management of team-work between children, meeting deadline.
My aim is to guide and help you during your learning process, from beginners to university level or adult learning.
I am here to support, encourage and help you to learn, improve your skills in order to be successful and achieve your goals.
My approach to teaching is creative, patient, methodic and fun. For me, teaching and leaning involve curiosity, generosity, sharing, passion and dedication, they are keys elements for anyone who would like to pursue their passion. Since I have started teaching, it has been always a very rewarding experience; an amazing way to exchange, share knowledge and experiences.
I am very adaptable to your needs and requests. I aim to provide a service that will satisfy you.
Together, we are going to reveal the best of your potential.
I am your tutor in any of these areas :
- composition of electroacoustic music
- composition of audiovisual work, sound art, sound design
- technics of music production and music technology (recording, edition, mixing)
- technics of sound design and spatialisation software (ProTools, Reaper, Max/msp, Audacity)
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British)
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- De Montfort University (Leicester, UK) (2018) - PhD in Music Composition (Doctorate) (✔ On File)
- Conservatoire Royal de Mons (Mons, Belgium) (2014) - Master of Music Composition and music pedagogy (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Ecole Supérieure des Arts et Médias (Caen, France) (2008) - Master of Visual Communication (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||5|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
We covered grammar, conjugation of sentances, cultural nuances and accents.
Would recommend her without hesitation!
I am looking forward to working in French with you and helping you to improve your skills :) !