Information About Thomas - Bolton teacher - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Thomas:
Thomas offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
**COVID-19 INFO** - I am also offering online lessons, so please do get in touch if you are interested in booking a lesson.
I am currently working as a freelance professional violinist and violin teacher, following the completion of my Masters degree in 2017. I am a very friendly, empathic person, and strive to tailor my teaching approach to the needs of every individual. I have many years experience in teaching in a variety of settings. This ranges from one-on-one tuition, to classroom teaching and leading orchestral and chamber ensemble sectionals. I also have experience in preparing students for ABRSM exams, with a 100% pass rate to date.
In addition to my teaching work I also work as a freelance perfomer, and regularly play with the following professional orchestras, amongst many others:
BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, English National Opera, English National Ballet, London Sinfonietta, London Mozart Players, Orchestra of St. John's, The Little Orchestra (London)
I have many years of experience teaching pupils in a range of different settings. A summary of my teaching work to date is as follows:
● Violin Tutor at Aura Music Academy, Altrincham, since 2018.
● 3 private students in Bolton
● 1 private student in London, 2017-18
● Led and conducted small string ensemble for two weeks of rehearsals plus three performances in Dubai in 2016, upon special invitation from schools group Taaleem
● Leader of Liverpool Philharmonic Youth Orchestra and Leeds Youth Opera 2013-14, included mentoring and coaching string section rehearsals in run-up to performances
● Delivered multiple sets of violin workshops to Year 7 and 8 pupils in two schools in Manchester, 2014-15
Students ABRSM exam results, 2019 and 2020:
Pass rate: 100% (6/6)
Merit/Distinction grades: 83% (5/6)
In addition, whilst at university I was tutored in string teaching by Philippa Bunting, a renowned figure within the music pedagogical world and a contributing author for many ABRSM teaching publications.
My principal consideration is always that every student is are unique, and therefore tailor my teaching approach to the needs of each individual. In our introductory lesson, I would be pleased to discuss your aims and interests to plan out a programme of study suited to your goals.
Please feel free to send me a request if you have any questions at all!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama (2017) - Master of Music (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Royal Northern College of Music (2016) - Bachelor of Music with Honours (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||1|
|Total Positive Feedback:|