Information About Theodoros - Southwark teacher
This is how 3 referees rated Theodoros:
♪♫ I'm an experienced, qualified and passionate music tutor based in London. I'm teaching at the reputable WKMT in West Kensington and I'm also a keys player for popular artists and songwriters from Notting Hill publishing in London. I have a BA degree in Professional Music Performance and Grade 8 by the ABRSM in all the disciplines I'm teaching. Teaching is my passion, and I'm determined to give the best experience possible to my students!
I have considerable tuition experience in contemporary and classical piano, music theory and musicology in reputable music schools in the UK and Cyprus. Even though I'm running a busy schedule working as a session musician and songwriter for several artists, alongside teaching piano and theory to my current students, I'd love to hear from you and I hope we'll be able to work together!
I currently offer:
• Piano (teaching beginners as well as individuals willing to learn contemporary piano, which is listed as ‘casual’)
• Music Theory (teaching beginners and Grade 1-5)
• Vocals (teaching beginners, professionals and Grade 1-5)
• Piano and theory tutor | WKMT Music Tuition | West Kensington, London | 2018-2020
• Piano and theory tutor | Susana Cassam Music Tuition | Brighton | 2016-2018
• Piano and theory tutor | Centre of Music Education | Cyprus | 2014-2016
These experiences working as a tutor in various settings mean that I have various experiences and qualifications which make me a versatile and well-rounded tutor, including:
• Experience teaching piano to young children;
• Qualified to prepare any-ages for the contemporary music industry, including speciality in teaching singers to sing and play the piano concurrently;
• Experience in teaching music theory to beginners, as well as preparing students for the ABRSM graded exams (Grades 1-5).
Education and Qualifications:
• UNIVERSITY OF SUSSEX, Music Department | Diploma of Higher Education
• ACADEMY OF CONTEMPORARY MUSIC (ACM) | Bachelors Degree in Professional Music Performance
• ABRSM | Grade 8 in piano, vocals and music theory
• MUSIC SCHOOL | Center of Music Education in Cyprus | I attended this school since the age of 7, where I was trained in piano and vocals, as well as music theory, harmony and composition.
Alongside mastering my piano technique and knowledge of music theory, I had opportunities to experience the professional side of music production. I have recorded several piano parts, as well as recorded vocals for several artists. Additionally, I have performed both as a solo, and accompanying other artists, in studio and gig settings. Equally, I have performed at prestigious venues, including the Almyra Hotel, a Five Star Cypriot hotel, and at the Cargo London Club.
I tailor and focus my lessons and technique teaching to my individual students, but I broadly follow the Scaramuzza technique, a technique very highly regarded in the music industry, including by great pianists such as Martha Argerich.
We will consider concepts such as posture, hand position, movements and mindset required to play the piano effectively and to a high standard, whilst continually building and developing strong technical foundations.
Apart from developing a high standard of teaching technique through my studies, I also developed the appropriate skills to teach the art of performance, which is essential for all musicians, no matter their level. This is a unique part of my teaching experience and shows my commitment to help individuals develop into well-rounded musicians, but also musical performers.
I follow the guidelines of the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) and I teach through a variety of successfully proven techniques that will help my students broaden their musicality. According to my piano students, I always combine the lesson with theory as it is a great way to understand what they are playing.
Are tailored to each individual lessons. Each lesson includes warmups, vocal exercises and singing! The technique I use explores breathing exercises as well as techniques tailored to the appropriate style I'm teaching.
✔ Enhanced DBS checked
✔ Member of the Musician’s Union
✔ Teach predominantly at the WKMT in West Kensington, however, I'm willing to travel to students’ homes (prices may vary to cover the cost of travel if this is the case)
✔ Because of COVID-19 lessons will be only conducted online
✔ Teaching in Greek and/or English
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Greek
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Academy of Contemporary Music (2019) - BA (Hons) Professional Music Performance (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- University of Sussex (2019) - Diploma of Higher Education (Professional) (✔ On File)
- ABRSM (2014) - Grade 8 in Piano (College) (✔ On File)
- ABRSM (2014) - Grade 8 in Music Theory (College) (✔ On File)